03

Dozens of shield agents began escorting Loki to his cell. A wide grin on his face as if this is exactly what he wanted to happen. Josie watches from a distant, his arrogance was unnerving. A sinking feeling grew in her stomach once she remembered that she has to be in close proximity with the God of Mischief.

"Do you think you'll be able to get into his head?" Agent Noah queried.

"No." She huffed. "He's too guarded, confident. His head will be a maze." Glancing back to the object in front of her, she holds her hand out; wind ripping past her as it smashed the object against the wall.

"You have good control over air." He praised, a small grin forming on his face as she looked over the girl.

"It's the only power that I enjoy using. I'm not sure if it's because it's easy to control or because the possibilities of it's usage are endless." She tilted her head as the agent grabbed what looked like a paperweight from his pocket.

"This is a Stele." A hologram appeared on the small wall she smashed the rubix cube against. "Draw that on your skin with this." He gestured to the rune shown on the hologram.

"I don't want any tattoos." Josie shook her head.

"This is a big part of who you are, Josette."

"What do you mean?" She frowned.

"I can't tell you until Director Fury instructs me to." He holds the stele out, expecting her to take it but instead she takes a step back.

"I don't like secrets." Turning she leaves the room and heads somewhere she knows will have some information about what Agent Noah was talking about.

———————————————

Sliding into a chair, she began searching through one of the helicarrier's computers. Her heart raced at the thought of being caught as she opened files regarding the Avengers mission.

"Fray!" A voice surprised, the panic causing her powers to go haywire for a moment; sparks flew from the computer as she bounces back. "You're needed in the briefing room."

———————————————

After watching Director Fury interrogate Loki with the rest of the Avengers, Josie is called in to the same room Loki was being held in. She almost shivered from his threatening gaze as she stood outside the container he was held in.

"I'll give you one last chance, Loki." Fury looked up from the keypad, his finger hovering over the button that would allow Josie to enter.

"Do you truly believe a feeble mortal can uncover my mind?" He rebutted, almost mockingly. His eyes catching the shaking of her hands, he knew she was too hesitant, too weak, too anxious to really get deep in his head. The most she would achieve is surface level information and she knew that, Fury knew that and Agent Noah knew that.

"Oh, she's no mortal. Loki. See, on earth we have different versions of protectors. Some from gods," he gave a pointed look to Loki, "some from criminals...and some demons." Loki immediately connected the dots, his eyes almost widening when he realised what the anxious girl was whereas Josie believed it to be a metaphor, by demons he must've meant anything that kills.

"I suppose you'll let her in now." He sits down in a chair, watching as Fury removed his hand from the button. Josie watched the two, confusion evident on her face and a small twinge of frustration. Despite being there the entire conversation, the Director and God spoke about her as if she wasn't there.

"You want me to go through your mind?" She speaks up, the two turning to face her, finally acknowledging her, even Fury was unsure about Loki's intentions with Josie.

"Oh no," he scoffed, "you couldn't if you tried. I'm a god. I've been alive a lot longer than you." He almost spat. "There's centuries of memories to go through, do you truly believe you'll get through them all in time?"

"I guess I should start sooner, rather than later then." Wind blew faster around the room, centring the button that controls who enters the glass cage. The glass doors slide open, allowing Josie to enter. Fury clenched his jaw, this wasn't going as well as he planned. The doors slide shut behind the two, as Loki leaned back in his chair, eyes closed as if he was getting a head massage. Hesitantly, Josie takes slow steps until she stood behind him. A white glow flickering around her finger tips as she pressed her hands to his head.

———————————————

A little girl laid on a stone floor surrounded by stone walls. Her head laid in her hands, sobs racking through her body. She looked about four, Josie noticed.

"Who are you?" The little girl asked her causing her to take a step back as she gaped.

"H-how can you see me?"

"Did Valentine send you in here?" The little girl crawled back to the corner of the cell, next to a mattress.

"Who's Valentine?" Josie queried. Questions plaguing her mind as she wondered what was happening and where she was. The girls head peaked up from her hands.

"Are you here to save me? Save Lizzie?"

"Um, yeah." Josie nodded her head. A door formed on the wall, it slamming open. Josie takes steady steps towards the girl, her eye on the door waiting for someone to enter but no one does. The girl grabbed Josie's hand, pulling her out the door; the two running down a never ending corridor when everything comes to a stop and suddenly she's in a different room. The girl now strapped to a chair with tubes coming out of her.

"Do you recognise her, Josette?" A voice whispered in her ear, jumping back she looked behind her only to see no one but as she turned Loki appeared in front of her.

"What's happening?"

"Watch the show." Loki stood next to Josie as they watched a man hold a type of sceptre towards the girl, a white glow surrounding it as he holds it at her head. Screams emit from the girl as she struggles against her holds.

"Whose memories are these?" Josie's heart raced, the sight in front of her was terrifying, blood dripped from the girls eyes, nose and ears as she continued to scream and struggle.

"They're yours, Josette."