02

"Fray!" Fury called her over from the corner where she was texting her sister and mother. "Continue." He instructs Agent Coulson.

"We are sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet, cellphones, laptops, if it's connected to a satellite it's eyes and ears for us".

"Isn't that a bit invasive?" Josie questions with a frown. As much as she understood the direness of the situation, she didn't agree with invading people's privacy. "It's meant to be." Fury responds.

"That's still not gonna find them in time" Agent Romanoff inputs, worry shining in her eyes. She needed to find Clint before anything happened to him.

"You have to narrow the field, how many spectrometers do you have access to?" Bruce questions

"How many are there?"

"Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays, I'll rough out a tracking algorithm based on cluster recognition, at least we could rule out a few places, do you have somewhere for me to work?"

"Agent Romanoff would you show Dr Banner to his laboratory, and Miss Fray to her training room, please." Natasha nods and walks off leading Bruce and Josie down the hall

"You're gonna love it Doc, we got all the toys." She showed Banner to the laboratory first before taking Josie to her training room which was created to withstand her powers. "I'm guessing this is all new to you."

"Is it that obvious?"

"Extremely. You have a constant look of anxiety on your face. It's distracting and hard not to notice."

"Uh, sorry." Josie mumbled meekly.

"Just a word of advice when we're fighting, don't let them see how you feel. They'll use that to predict your next move and kill you. This is where you'll train." She nodded while turning to leave Josie.

"Thank you."

———————————————

As the others were attempting to track the tesseract, Loki and Clint Burton, Josie was attempting to put out a fire with her magic. She didn't understand why Fury chose this specifically considering her powers didn't revolve around fire but she figured there was good reason, he did seem like a very wise and slightly scary man.

A high pitched noise sounded from a speaker as the fire was put out. Josie's shoulders deflated, she was much better at hand to hand combat than using her powers, it would be much easier if she could just give them to someone else.

"Josette Fair-Fray?" A boy asked as he entered the room, raising a brow at the obviously frustrated girl.

"Yeah." She nodded, clasping her hands together as she balanced on her heels. The boy was very clearly her age and that did make her slightly nervous, especially since she found him attractive.

"I'm Agent Noah Anders. Fury assigned me to you- to help you in your uh...training." He forced a smile, annoyed that Fury the first mission Fury had given him wasn't an actual mission, just helping some girl with magic. He had finished his training months ago and yet Fury and his mother treat him as though he has no idea what he's doing.

"Thank you, but I just heard, in my ear comm that they found Loki...so...I should-" she points to the door, "go." Sending a small wave to the boy, as she wandered out the room.

———————————————

Josie watched as Loki was brought into the Quinjet with Captain Rogers and a familiar red suit following behind. "Is that...Iron Man?"

"Stark." Agent Romanoff smirked, crossing her arms and leaning against the wall as Captain Rogers tied Loki up.

"Agent Romanoff. You must be Agent Fray."

"I prefer Josie." The words left her mouth in a higher pitch than she intended them to, she had looked up to Iron Man ever since he escaped from his kidnappers. Clearing her throat, she skips back to the front of the yet where Romanoff was.

"H-how did you become an agent?"

"That's a story for another time kid." Romanoff states, her hands tightening slightly on the steering wheel; her mind wondering to Clint.

"I'm 16. Not a kid." She huffed out. Her eyes drilling holes into the buttons and controls of the jet. Her hand just about to touch one as lightning struck near the jet, it shaking slightly. Thunder boomed as she strolled towards Rogers and Stark.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Rogers teased the god of mischief.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows." He responded, his eyes holding a humours tone to them. Josie's hand shook as something threatened its way out of her. "I think somethings about to happen." She whispered to the two men who looked towards her with furrowed brows but before anyone could ask for specifics. The ramp opens and in comes a tall, muscular, blonde man with a massive hammer in his hand. He barely glimpsed towards the three before grabbing Loki and haling him out of there. Swiftly, Stark slides on his ironman helmet.

"Now there's that guy." Stark inputs.

"Another Asgardian?" Romanoff questioned.

"Think the guys friendly?" Rogers input.

"There's only way to find out." Josie shrugs, looking towards the opening and preparing to run and jump. Sweat gathered on her palms as she launched forward, Rogers grabbed her arm pulling her back.

"Kid, you can't just jump out there without a plan."

"I have a plan. Attack." Stark takes her place in being the first to leave the jet. Rogers stunned for a moment, she rips her arm out of his hand and follows suit. The wind ripping past her skin as she slowly transforms into a cloud of mist, gravitating towards the ground.

Her body forming again once she reaches the ground. Her feet softly landing on the gentle grass. Sparks flew from her fingers as her hand reached out, prepared to hit the god but froze when Rogers landed in front of her as his shield hit both Stark and the god who's name she had yet know.

"Hey! That's enough." He yells as the shield lands back in his hands. "Now, I don't know what you plan on doing here."

"I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes!" The god yelled back.

"Then prove it and put the hammer down."

"Uh yeah, no, bad call, he loves his hammer." Stark butted in, striking a cord within the god causing him to smash his hammer against Stark's helmet sending him flying back a few meters.

"You want me to put my hammer down!" Thor yells, leading in the air and raising his hammer as Rogers kneeled on the ground holding his shield and Josie stands to the side, unsure of what to do. 

Thor's hammer smashes against the shield, creating a massive implosion sending shockwaves out for miles.