Prologue

(Warning. I suck at writing. Enjoy.)

{Angel}
I groan in pain as I cling Samantha close to my chest. The Alpha kicks my side again, I scream in agony. Wanting the pain to stop.
"Useless." I hear him say, with pure hatred.
"Completely and utterly useless. You're lucky your friend is my Beta. If not for that, I would have gotten rid of you a long time ago." He states. He's talking about Abby. She's been my best friend for as long as I could remember. She was appointed to beta a few years ago. Right now I am protecting my pup, well. She's not MY pup necessarily. Her mother died when she was only one years old, Her mother was my aunt. It was devastating for the whole pack when she past. I have been taking care of Samantha ever since. Right now I'm being punished for disrespecting the alphas Luna. Victoria. But it wasn't my fault! I saw her flirting with one of the pack members. As usual. She is an all around cheater. And a BITCH. No one has the guts to tell the alpha. The last man who tried to tell him. Well, he didn't believe them and- they ended up in the hospital for months. When Victoria saw me she was furious, and didn't want me to tell. I pleaded that I wouldn't, but also said she wouldn't have to lie if she just didn't cheat at all. She was furious with this.

She ended up telling the alpha I disrespected her, so now I'm being punished. He knew how much Samantha meant to me so he attempted to hurt her. I blocked him and now here I am; Bloody lip, bruised hip, and twisted ankle. I didn't fight back, I just pleaded and pleaded with him to stop.

Once he finally did, he scoffed and walked away. "The pack gathering is in two hours. Make yourself look presentable. And if anyone notices your injuries, tell them you fell down the stairs. I don't need my pack to have a bad reputation because of your incompetence." He said coldly before walking out the door.

Samantha clinging to me tight, like if she let go I would disappear. I shushed her quietly while rocking her back and forth.
"Sshh, it's okay baby. I'm here. I'm here." I told her lovingly. I kiss her on the head as tears stream down my cheeks. She was only four years old, and she's been through so much. I wish we could have a better life than this hell.