Just One Night ~Epilogue~

Start from the beginning

She nodded, excitedly.

I woke up the next morning to the sunlight streaming in through a window, and groaned.

“How much did I drink last night?” I asked.

“A lot. Probably the same as me.” Tiffany mumbled next to me.  She was in town again as a bridesmaid. Rania and a friend of mine from college, Emily, were also being bridesmaids. Rania was, of course, the Maid of Honor. I’d been hers three years ago.

“Well, it’s 10AM. You have six hours to get there and be ready to go.” Rania told me. She’d stayed sober because she was about two months into pregnancy. She was just happy she’d fit into her bridesmaid dress.

I shot up, regretting the action when it made my head hurt. “Ah, crap! Ok, how about we go?” I asked, trying to stand up without wanting to throw up. I had a pretty high alcohol tolerance, or at least a usually good reaction to it, so I must have been beyond wasted last night.

“Emma! Wake up!” I shouted, clutching my head as the noise bounced around my head.

“I’m up! Please, no loud noises.”

It took another half an hour to get everyone rounded up, and drugged with Advil, and another forty-five minutes to get to the hotel me and Cam had decided to have the wedding at. There was a section which was specifically for the bride, another for the groom, and the actual marrying area was right in the middle.

We hurried to do my make-up and hair, though it still took about two and a half hours.

By the time we’d managed to do everyone’s hair and make-up, I was terrified. There was only an hour until the wedding. My wedding. What if Cam freaked and ran? Hell, what if I freaked and ran?

I looked down at my left hand, staring at the engagement ring there. I’d had it for six years now, since we graduated. The ring calmed me slightly, made me remember everything we’d been through since that first September night in 2012.

“Are you ok?” Rania asked me, and I nodded, starting to change.

“Yeah. I just… I can’t believe how long it’s been. I can’t believe we’re at my wedding, you know?”

Rania nodded. “I know, none of us thought this day would ever get here.” She joked.

“Where’s Cammei?” I asked her.

“On her way. She’ll be here in a few minutes.” Rania told me, holding my phone.

I nodded, swallowing the nerves and trying to remind myself that I really did love Cam. I probably had from day one; I just took forever to realize it.

“Good, how’s everyone doing?” I asked, loud enough for Tiffany and Emily to hear.

“Good! I love these dresses!” Emily sighed, spinning in a little circle to make the dress twirl. It was some kind of purple that looked amazing on all the girls.

My dress was… indescribable. I had no idea what design it was, but I knew I loved it.

“Mommy!” Cammei ran into the room, giving me a hug.

“Hey, sweetie! Do you need to get your dress on?” I asked, half glancing at Jennifer, who had come in with Cammei. She shook her head, waved a little, and then left. Probably to go and find a seat.

“No! Nanny Jen did it for me.” Cammei took off her little jacket, revealing the smaller version of the bridesmaids purple dresses.

“Well don’t you look amazing!” I said, and meaning it. Mini me, through and through. Well, apart from the eyes.