Chapter one

Clarisse POV
Well here I am, my new home. Finally a place away from him. It's a small cabin in the middle of the woods. I have no neighbors and the house is isolated from the world. It's perfect, everything I ever dreamed of.
As I walk up to the door I feel as if I am being watched. I look around but I don't see anyone but as I look out into the woods i see some small movement in the bushes.
                Cautiously I walk up to the edge of the woods. The movement has stopped, maybe whatever it was left...? I have to check to make sure. What I see in the bushes surprises me. It was a family of rats who suffered an attack from a predator. The babies were so covered in blood and mangled that they were unrecognizable. The mothers dead eyes just stared at me as blood oozed out of her ripped neck. But amongst all the dead bodies I could see movement then I heard it. The lonely squeak of a surviving baby rat. I saw her hiding under what remained of her mother and I picked her up. She looked to be healthy, she escaped without a scratch but there was something off about her eyes. They were close, like they should be at such a young age witch I believe is two weeks, but they seemed smaller than they should be. I reached up to gently pat her eyelid and I discovered that there was no way for her to part her eyes.
                The poor thing. No one should have to go through what she went through so I am going to give her the most loving home she can imagine. I took her inside and cleaned any blood off of her to reveal her beautiful white fur. Once she was clean I went to the nearby pet store to get her some milk.