Prologue

Prologue

"Shit!" I hissed under my breath as I saw the test-actually no multiple tests. They all said the one same word. Pregnant.

I threw them all in the trash and made sure to cover them with tissues. I sat on the floor against the bathtub and started tearing up. Why did this have to happen to me? Out of all the other people who go and have sex why was I the one who had to end up pregnant?

A few tears escaped and I angrily wiped them off. I stood up and slammed my hand against the towel rack as I kicked the wall. I did it over and over again until I heard the crash of the rack hitting the floor.

I grunted and then started sliding down the wall as my tears fled from my eyes. I hugged my knees and started sobbing.

I hated crying. It made me feel weak but I didn't know what else to do besides wreck the entire bathroom but I don't think that would be easy to explain to my mom.

After a few minutes of crying I took a few deep breaths and stood up and hooked the towel rack back onto the wall. I splashed my face with water and walked into my room.

I grabbed my phone off my dresser and tapped on Elizabeth's number saved under 'Lizzie'.

"Hey whats up?" She said when she answered.

"Are you busy right now?" I asked.

"No I'm on break right now. Whats wrong?" She asked.

"You know how I told you me and Nate hooked up at the party three weeks ago?"

"Yeah, you didn't really need to tell me though. I could hear you guys through the wall." She said laughing a little. "Anyways why do you ask?"

"Cause I'm pregnant." I said bluntly. "I took like fucking ten tests and they all said the same thing. Fuck I don't know what I'm going to do Liz."

"Oh shit. Well are you going to you know... get rid of it?" She asked hesitantly.

I wasn't even 15, of course I had to get rid of it, right? I thought to myself. "I don't know. Maybe, I'm not sure."

"You should talk to Nate about it." She said.

"No, definitely not. I know he's probably going to say to just get rid of it so I think thats what I might do." I said as I sat with my feet up on my bed.

"Do you want me to go with you to the clinic?" She asked sounding concerned.

"I don't know. I'm not sure if I can go through with it. What if I regret it? Or what if something goes wrong and I can never have kids again?" I explained realizing how terribly serious this was.

Could I really take away the possibility of a life just like that? I mean what if I had been aborted. Well for one I wouldn't be in this situation, obviously.

But if I don't get an abortion my mom will probably kill me.

"Hello? Ashley?" I heard Lizzie call.

"Sorry, what?" I asked.

"I can ask my sister to drive us." She explained. "She won't say anything I promise."

"I...-"

"Ashley! I'm home!" I heard my mother yell as she walked through the front door.

"I gotta go Liz. I'll text you." I said quietly and hung up before I heard anything else.

"Ashley? Are you home?"

"Yeah sorry I was in the bathroom." I responded as I glanced in the mirror to make sure I didn't look like I had been crying.