Saying Goodbye

One moment you're alive, and the next you're dead. That's how things are. You never know when you're going to die, and you never know when you'll stay alive in certain situations.

While walking home with my twin brother Ichigo, I was killed by someone who was drunk and was driving too fast in our direction. I luckily pushed Ichigo out of the way in time so that he didn't get hit by the person driving the car. I don't remember anything after I got hit, but I do remember seeing my body lying right in front of a tree near one of the parks. 

I was dead before the ambulance could get my body anywhere, and now, I'm a spirit. Sitting in the same spot that I died. And every day, Ichigo comes to the same spot. He puts flowers in front of me every time he comes, and he keeps telling me that he's sorry that this happened to me.

"Ichigo this isn't your fault."

"It is because I couldn't protect you."

"I'm the one who chose to push you out of the way. It's not your fault if I decided to get hit. Stop thinking that this is your fault because it's not. Just like mom's death wasn't your fault. Ichigo, please. Stop thinking that everything that goes wrong is your fault. It's my fault and the driver's fault that I'm like this now. Mainly his fault for being drunk." I said as I looked down at the chain that was connected to my chest. "I guess this is my timer until I go to heaven or something."

"Guess so," Ichigo said while also looking at the chain.

"Think you could come with everyone tomorrow? Yuzu, Karin, and dad. This way I could say goodbye to them even if they can't see me."

"I can try. They haven't been the same since you died a few weeks ago. Especially Karin."

"And you? How are you holding up?"

He just looked at me and shook his head. 

"Don't keep hurting yourself because of this."

"How can I not Mitsuki? You're my twin! Do you know how hard it is on me knowing that you're dead! Your death tore us all apart. You kept us together as a family when mom died. You basically took on the role of a mother for Yuzu and Karin!"

"Ichigo! If you are just going to sit here and yell at me because I did something that you didn't agree with, then go home! I know what I did wasn't exactly right, but you can't sit here and yell at me because of my decision. I'm not in a good mood and you're making it worse. So if you want to yell at me then leave."

He didn't answer back. He just got up and walked away.

"You can come out now."

"How did you know I was here?" A girl with long red hair, light blue eyes, and wearing a black kimono walked out from behind the tree I was sitting in front of.

"I could feel you staring at me. I'm used to it, but you were looking at me for quite a while so it was hard to ignore. Anyway, what's your name?"

"Rose, Rose Matsumoto. I'm a Shinigami from the Soul Society."

"I'm Mitsuki Kurosaki." Once I introduced myself, I noticed that she was looking at the chain.

"How long have you been like this? As a soul, I mean."

"A few weeks from what Ichigo said."

"I'm guessing Ichigo was the boy that came to visit you?"

"Yeah, he's my twin brother. If you don't mind me asking, but why are you here? I'm pretty sure you have better things to do than talk to a dead girl like me."

"Actually, I'm here to send you to the Soul Society. That way you would be in a better place than here and wouldn't be in danger of hollows."

"Hollows? Not sure if I want to know or meet whatever that may be. Listen, can you wait until after tomorrow or something? I want to say goodbye to my family, even though Ichigo is the only one who can see me." After I said that, she once again looked at the chain on my chest.

"I'm not sure if you'll make it until tomorrow with the way your Chain of Fate is."

What she means is, the chain is almost completely gone. Every day since I died a few weeks ago, the chain got shorter and shorter and there was nothing I could do about it. I couldn't stop it from shrinking and I don't know what'll happen to me if it disappears completely.

"I'll make it."

The next day came and as Ichigo had promised, he managed to bring everyone here.

"Hey, Mitsuki. As I promised, I brought everyone here."

"Thanks, Ichigo. You don't mind being the messenger right?" I said.

"Nah, I don't mind."

I took a deep breath and said, "Hey Yuzu, Karin, dad. I know you can't hear me or even see me, but I'm here. The reason why I had Ichigo bring you here, was because I wanted to say goodbye. Even in death, I don't even get a lot of time to see everyone. I hope you all will visit me every year on the day that I died, just like we did for mom. I'm sorry that I died only 3 years after mom died, but I guess you could say, it was meant to happen. Please do me a huge favor, and don't be upset with the fact that I'm no longer here." I took a quick pause to see that everyone, even Karin, was crying. "Karin," I started and Ichigo repeated, "keep being the same tough younger sister that I love. Yuzu, keep being the sweet, loving and caring younger sister that I always took care of. Dad, keep being yourself, and please stop talking to that poster of mom whenever you feel upset. And Ichigo," Ichigo didn't repeat, "keep being the best brother that anyone could have, and stop saying mom's and my death is your fault." He nodded and I continued with him repeating what I am saying, "I love all of you, remember that. I love you guys and I'll miss you. Thank you for letting me say goodbye."

I nodded at Ichigo and he nodded back understanding that I wanted all of them to go home. Before leaving with the family, he turned around and said, "I'll miss ya, Mitsuki."

"I'll miss you as well." After that, he turned and left with everyone. I did notice that Karin turned around and it almost seemed like she was looking straight at me. Almost as if she could see me. I smiled and waved just in case, and surprisingly, she waved back and turned to go home with everyone else. "Hey, Rose. I'm ready to go."

There was silence at first which got me thinking that she wasn't here, but then I heard her say, "Alright. I'm going to perform a konso which will send you to the Soul Society." She then took out her katana and touched my forehead with the bottom part of the katana. Once she did that a blue light surrounded me and I was sent to someplace where I assumed was the "Soul Society" that Rose was talking about.

What happens now or in the future, I'll soon find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I decided to put Rose Matsumoto and Tsuki (which is now Mitsuki) Kurosaki into 2 different books. This chapter is just how Mitsuki died, met Rose, and sent to the Soul Society. If I got anything wrong, please let me know so that I can fix it. 

See you in the next chapter!