Chapter 7: Bond, James Bond

Start from the beginning

Ashton's fury filled eyes met mine and I took that as my cue to get the hell out of there. I smirked at him and without a second glance, broke into a dead sprint. Out of the corner if my eye I watched as his eyes widened and his jaw tightened.

In hindsight sight, this probably wasn't the best idea, but the look on his face made it all worth it... I hope.

**;-;**

"Thank you" I muttered, just loud enough for the bus driver to hear me.

I hopped down the steps of the off-white colored bus. It was pretty small compared to the buses in some of the states that I had lived in and it had definitely seen better days. Its windows were covered in water droplets, as it had rained just minutes before. The bus's driver was an old, stout man that wore a faded blue baseball cap and smelled of expired cologne. He gave me a toothy grin as he shut the bus doors behind me.

I watched as he drove away, the bus sputtered, splashing in the puddles in the road as it heaved itself along. When he was out of sight I began heading in the same direction that he had driven in. I had made sure that he'd dropped me off at a bus stop that was good mile away from my neighborhood. I was a bit paranoid about someone finding out where my family lived.

Well you kind of blew that up when you brought Ashton over. A voice reminded me in the back of my mind.

Yeah, I mean maybe I shouldn't have let him come over- Ugh, he needed stitches god damn it!

What was I thinking? I couldn't just not help the guy out! He was bleeding! And who knows who he would have let help him if I hadn't come along.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I rounded a corner that I had just approached. If I had heard the bus driver right, I needed to take this turn and then walk straight until I saw "Barney's", a local gas station. I had seen it every time one of the boys drove me home and I knew my way home from there.

I sighed contently, trying my best to evade the puddles on the sidewalk. 

With out my knowledge, I had started approaching an elementary school; a nice elementary school at that. It was undoubtedly a rich-kid school. The entire school was made of brick, but despite its old features, it had a certain regal feel about it. That's how I knew it was a school for the rich, well that and the fact that all of its students were carrying around the latest technology: expensive laptops, smart phones, tablets, you name it, and they were carrying it around.

They were all wearing uniforms school uniforms: khakis pants or a khaki skirt and either a light blue or navy blue shirt. The boys were wearing sneakers that cost more money than Carter made in a week and the girls held designer purses that probably cost more than my house.

I was about to walk past the school, deciding to just continue with my journey home, when I saw something that broke my heart. A little girl was standing, crying, as boys and girls shoved her and laughed at her.

"Don't do anything, Abby." I mumbled to myself. They were kids; maybe they were playing or something.

I continued watching the kids "play" and was about to leave, when one if the boys pushed the little girl too hard and she fell into a puddle of mud. I audibly gasped. All of my reservations about staying on the sidelines and not going anything had just completely flown out of the window.

An icy glare made its way to my face as marched towards the group of elementary kids. They were currently laughing at the poor little girl that was sitting in the puddle, head in her hands.

"What do you kids think you're doing?" I asked calmly; try as best as I could to not strangle the little brats.

"Get out of here lady." One of the boys snapped.