chapter 15 - The Dinner Party

Start from the beginning

Liv took the dagger. "Then what's your grand plan, John? Hmm? What are you gonna do?"

John didn't answer.

From 2.14 "Crying Wolf", in the Lockwood Mansion, John and Alaric were talking.

"That ring that Isobel gave you?" John asked. "That's mine. I'm gonna want that back."

From 2.14 "Crying Wolf", in the Gilbert House's kitchen, Jenna and John were talking.

"Did he ever tell you what happened with his wife?" John asked.

"What are you saying?" Jenna asked.

"Why don't you ask Ric?" John asked. 

From 2.14 "Crying Wolf", in the Forbes House's living room, Bonnie sat behind Luka's head on the floor.

Eliza sat to their right.

Caroline sat to their left.

Jeremy sat across from Bonnie.

They were all facing Luka.

"And how do you kill Klaus?" Bonnie asked. 

"After the sacrifice, Klaus will be vulnerable, weak," Luka answered. "It's our only chance."

"After the sacrifice?" Caroline repeated.

"Alex and Elena have to die," Luka told them.

Eliza, Bonnie, Caroline and Jeremy looked at each other, all of them in denial, horrified.

Jeremy shook his head, his voice barely a whisper. "No."

From 2.14 "Crying Wolf", in the Gilbert Lake House, Stefan and Elena were talking.

"You both knew that you weren't gonna survive this?" Stefan asked.

"If it comes down to the people that we love getting killed, or us, we know what our choice is gonna be," Elena told him.

"What the two of you are doing is being martyrs," Stefan told her. "That's not heroic. It's tragic."

Stefan looked at her, shaking his head, walking out, leaving.

Elena was left to contemplate what he had said.

--~--

Day One

Morning - Gilbert Lake House - Living Room

Elena was sitting on the sofa, reading on of the Gilbert Journals.

Jonathan Gilbert: (voice over) "With the dying embers of the fire at Fell's Church, the scourge of the vampires had passed. And though the war raged all around us, our town was safe from the demons of the night. Or so we thought."

Elena flipped to the next page of the journal, reading with interest.

--

Flashback 1 - 1864

Night - Jonathan Gilbert's House - Dining Room

Jonathan was having dinner and wine with a man and a woman.

--

Outside