Twenty Four: Liars and Killers

Magsimula sa umpisa

Nick Fury shakes his head firmly. "It's not like that."

"I helped you rid of one of Hydra's largest bases. I helped you to rid of them and their pesky issues. And you keep their files which I handed over to you to safeguard so that they would not fall into the wrong hands. Perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps I delivered this information into the wrong hands after all, director. And all for what, to revive their plans? Make better weapons of mass destruction?"

"It wasn't like that."

"Wasn't?" she questioned, sharply. "I spent how many years on this realm grieving. I still helped you. That is why you are so hellbent on finding the tesseract again because you got a taste of its power and you still want more to - to make weapons."

Nick Fury's hand reached out to keep her back as she stepped forward. "Believe me when I say..."

"I don't think I can. Loki was right."

Bruce Banner waved a hand. "Did you both know about this?" he demanded an answer, pointing from Sigyn to Nick Fury, and then to Natasha Romanoff who is standing silent in the doorway.

She cast her sharp eyes at him. "You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" she says.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."

"Loki's manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why Shield is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Banner pointed his glasses at the screen.

Finally having had enough, Nick Fury shouted. "Because of them!" he pointed a finger at Sigyn and Thor. Thor and Sigyn looked on with confusion.

Thor pointed at himself. "Me?"

"I beg your pardon?" spat Sigyn, batting her eyes.

"Last year, Earth had another visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Fury explains.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor stated.

"But you're not the only people out there are you?" Nick Fury spat. "And you're not the only threat. The world is filling up with people who can't be matched. They can't be controlled."

"Like you control the cube?" Steve Rogers retorted, sharply.

"You're work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies." Thor says, firmly, stepping towards Fury.

"It is also a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war." Sigyn added.

"A higher form?" Steve muttered, his question.

"I would know." Sigyn shrugged. "I was married off to end one!"

"You forced our hand!" Nick Fury shouted at them. "We had to come up with something!" he wailed about his arms.

"Nuclear deterrent. Cause that always calms everything right down." Tony Stark smirked.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?" Nick Fury retorted back at him.

"I'm sure if he still made..." Steve and Tony talked over each other. "Wait! Wait! Hold on! How is—"

"—Weapons, Stark would be neck deep—"