Sixteen: Rekindled Hope

One year after the inauguration of Princess Sigyn.

"Tell me, what do you know of the World Serpent?" her sweet, soft voice, politely asked. And she spoke his name. "Jormungandr."

A witch who tapped her long acrylic nails on the crystal ball on the round table. They sat in a secluded little room decorated with tapestries and weird collectibles inside a small shop somewhere in Sweden. "The son of Loki and Angraboda. Cursed to transform into a snake at birth. Feared by his growth, Odin threw the serpent into the waters of Midgard where he kept growing and growing. The stories say he is big enough to circle the world and bite his own tail." the witch told the Princess.

"He has a secret." the white-haired princess said.

"And you want to know?" asked the witch. "Or you want to know how to find him? Find the Norns?"

"I never mentioned the sisters of fate."

The witch smiled. "I do know things after all." then she sighed. "But I cannot help you this time, Princess. There are some things I do not know. You must find the mystic wielders. The sorcerer supreme. They will have the key, but they do not know they possess it."

Sigyn's brows came together in curiosity. "Where can I find these sorcerers?"

"Your journey is a long one. But first - it will take you to a land called Vinland."

"The America's?"

"Yes. You have a very long road ahead of you, Princess."

Images struck Sigyn. She gasped and nearly fell backward. Glowing blue power. A scepter. The wide openness of space stetted before him. An army hiding in her darkest corners. A portal is struck open somewhere in a large room. A blue cube is the cause of this powerful portal. Someone enters. A tall and tan figure. Dark hair. A devilish smirk.

The table is silent. Sigyn's breath quickened as if something had just filled her with new life. The instant zap of a connection finally found its mark. Like a hunter in the night. A familiar presence in which her entire being longed for.

Sigyn's eyes met the witch. Shock and confusion struck her soft features. And with one word, she shocked even herself. "Loki."

The name she dared not say, but she knew. She knew deep down what this meant. "He is alive." she announced, her mind a million worlds away. Sigyn slaps a hand to her mouth as uncontrollable tears fall on her rosy cheeks.

Sigyn rose to her feet and paid the witch, thanked her for her time, and left the small shop in a small town. She strutted up the slope of the street of the humble town stores. She made no effort to hide her identity here. She still wore her Vanir dress and armour. The princess is worshipped in this country, seen as a goddess who has graced this place with her very presence.

Her feet fall seemed to get louder. Crunching on the pavement harder. She stopped, and there was a delay of footsteps. The Vanir Princess turned to face her follower. A man with a familiar face and a black suit stood there. He smiled at her warmly, hands crossed in front of him. He looked very serious.

"Princess." Agent Coulson greeted.

"Son of Coul." she acknowledged with a head nod. "What brings me the pleasure?"

"Bad news I'm afraid." he removed his dark shades and tucked them into his suit pocket. "The type that involves you."

"And what terrible tidings do you come bearing, may I ask?" she sounded skeptical.

"We had... recent activities and one of our Shield Bases was compromised. The whole thing collapsed and was blown to pieces. The subject of our topic came through a portal. Brainwashed our best soldiers and a scientist and took off with a very valuable item. The Tesseract."