Chapter 2

As I walked down the narrow hall and turned right, I counted steps until I made it to the double doors that lead to the court yard. As usual I forgot that the door on the left was locked, smacking my forehead against the glass as I tried to push it open. I quickly gathered my wits and walked out of the right door, headed straight to the bench that my friends and I hung out at. This was our little ten minute break that we had between 3rd and 4th period. I set my backpack down and rubbed my head where I hit it.
"Door-6. Krissy-0"
I looked up to see my four best friends.
Chloe Greves, Casey sanders, and the twins Nicholas and Evelyn Blake (Nick and Evie for short) looked back at me.
Chloe,15, wore a Royal blue Polo shirt with a black skirt. Her shoes were her very own design, black converse high-tops covered VERY precisely in studs and rhinestones. She wore very little jewelry, a thin necklace with a heart on it,all three of us girls have the same one, and a bracelet that had a chain that connected to the ring on her middle finger with a blue stone placed delicately in the center of the chain. Her eyes were a stunning light blue that sometimes turned grey and her hair was gorgeous hazelnut brown with naturally blonde highlights.

Casey,16,had on a red polo shirt tucked into khaki pants. He wore his dads dog tags around his neck, although you could only see the chain because he tucked them on the inside of his shirt and wore a pair of grey Nike tennis shoes. He had short dark blonde hair, now turned lighter over the summer with gorgeous emerald eyes. He was very handsome and tall.

Evelyn and Nicholas,15, were nothing alike. Nick wore a royal blue polo with black pants, white Vans,and his grandpas old watch. He and Evelyn had the same lovely strawberry blonde hair his was cut short and hers went to just past her shoulders. They both had chocolate eyes and freckles. Evie wore a red polo tucked into her khaki skirt with the tie-dyed sneakers Chloe made her, along with her heart necklace.

Me? Kristina,15,I had on a grey polo with a black skirt, my favorite turquoise converse high tops. I wore a ring on my right ring finger, and my heart necklace. I have dark brown hair that went far below my shoulders, with dark blue eyes.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny Nickolas" I said rolling my eyes. Casey sat down next to me on the bench. "Let me see that" I grabbed his cold Mr. Pibb and pressed it to my forehead. He chuckled.
"You know." Evie slung he backpack into her brother, causing his to give "oof" and cursed at his sister. She rolled her eyes and looked back at me. "You know, I was thinking of a gathering tonight." She gave me a devil smile.
"Fine with me. I need to get out of that house before I explode" Casey said. I saw the pain in his eyes and knew he meant it but, he gave a slight laugh trying to shake it off.
"Dad doesn't care" chloe said. Pulling at a loose thread on the hem of her school uniform shirt. We all hated our uniforms, they were mostly the same: grey, red, or royal blue Polo shirts with black or khaki bottoms. Except, the guys were only allowed pants and the girls were only allowed skirts. We were allowed to wear jewelry and choose our shoes.

The bell soon rang for fourth period and Chloe, Evie, and I headed to our next class.