Our Affair: Chapter Three

Start from the beginning

“I didn’t get none of this stuff.”

“We went over these last time.” I said frowning at all the mistakes that River made. He shouldn’t have missed any. I gave him a practice test similar to this one so how could he?

I sighed shaking my head. This was hitting my pride. “Ok let’s just redo this whole test again and pray that your teacher lets you retake it again.” I said and River flashed me his model smile.

“You’re too good for me you know that.” He said softly and I just shook my head.

“Whatever.”

~

It took River an hour. An HOUR!!! To make a perfect score on the test I gave him. I also made him show me how he got the answers. I glared at the tests trying to figure out what was going on. My test was similar if not harder than the test the teacher gave him so why was he failing?

Unless he’s doing it on purpose to get closer you.

I wanted to shout at the voice to tell it to shut up! I didn’t want false hope. “Ok.” I breathed out to see River leaning back against his chair. His gym shirt lifting up just a little bit to show me his fit torso and the V that made me and many girls drool over. His intense green eyes were watching me.

“What’s the verdict teach?” he teased smiling at me. I felt a shiver begin to start until I forced myself to calm down.

“I’m not a ‘teach’ and why is it that you scored a perfect score on my test but not on the test you took before?” I asked holding up the two pieces of paper for River to see himself. He leaned forward grabbing the papers in his hand staring at them.

“This is a joke?” he asked and I shook my head.

“You get it. So why do you pretend to be stupid?” I asked not hiding the acid from my voice.

“I’m not pretending!” River hissed back at me. I looked at him in disbelief.

“Then how is it that you can past my test but not the other one?”

“I don’t know…..maybe because you teach better?” he asked looking upset. Well I’m upset! I’m being forced to hang out with you because you want to be selfish for God only knows why!

I couldn’t do this. I grabbed my stuff, “Ask someone else to be your tutor I’m through.” I said harshly running away. I didn’t know what was going on but after the thought of lying to Lauran no matter how little it was….it just made me want to kill myself. It really did.

“Wait!” I felt myself be pulled back into an iron grip. “Don’t leave. Don’t leave Dustin.” I heard River’s voice against my neck. I stopped breathing. I-I just stood there.

“Let. Go.”

“No. Listen I’m sorry I lied to you. I asked Mr. Jordan to ask you to be my tutor even though I’m like first in his class. I’m sorry I-I just didn’t know any other way for you to be near me without having Lauran around.” He said softly still holding me close to him.

I slowly but surely relaxed back into his chest, “Can you please let go of me?” I asked softly and River stood there for a moment.

“You promise not to run?” he asked.

“If you promised to let go.”

“Ok.” He said as he let me go. I sighed in disappointment. I wanted him to keep on holding me. To hold me tighter!

“So let’s get this straight. You’re smart?” I asked and he nodded looking at me with sad eyes.

“Yeah sorry.”

“Ok well I have no reason to tutor you.”

“Wait!”

“What?”

“Why don’t we use our tutoring hours so we can hang out?” he asked and I frowned at him, “I still want to be friends with you Dustin.”

“Listen if you’re doing a favor for Lauran you can just stop right here. I don’t you to feel like you’re being forced to hang out with a loser like me.” I said which was the honest truth.

I could tell when someone is staring at me and I felt eyes on us. Wondering why was I hanging out with someone like him.

“You don’t have to pretend that you’re stupid just keep making Lauran happy and we’ll be cool.” I said turning my back towards him.

“Then who will make you happy?” I stopped dead in my tracks. “You don’t have to pretend. Lauran might not see it but I can see it Dustin. Some things bothering you and I just want to be there for you.” I wanted to cry. Why did he have to be so fucking nice and still not be mine!

I shook my head, “You don’t know me River. So stop pretending you do.” I said softly. This was just an emotional rollercoaster and all I wanted was for this ride to come to an end.

“No.” River yanked me back pushing me against the wall, “I’m not through.” He said softly looking at me with intense green eyes. I tried to free myself but I couldn’t. “Dustin.” The way he said my name just made me want to cry out for him. It was filled with so much love.

“Please….” I begged him to let me go. River leaned down a little. “Don’t.”

River didn’t listen as he pressed his lips against mine barely allowing them to touch. Just a thin line of air between them until nothing was there.

Shock.

Confusion.

Happiness.

Guilt.

I was feeling everything. River let go of my arms only to grab the back of my neck pulling me closer and I did the same. My body was heating for more. Wanting more of River.

I couldn’t believe that I was being devoured alive by him.

Until I felt the guilt rise up. I pushed River away gasping for air and licking my lips nervously feeling them swollen a little bit. That was my first kiss.

I looked up to see River looking at me with this lustful stare licking his lips also. I blushed shaking my head, “This is wrong.” I said softly and River nodded still not looking away from me.

“Very.”

“We shouldn’t be doing this.” I said softly refusing to look at him as he took a step towards me.

“We shouldn’t.” he agreed with me.

“What about Lauran?” I asked when he was right in front of me again.

He grabbed my chin forcing me to look at him. His thumb rubbing my lips softly, “This will be our next little secret.” He leaned down to kiss my lips again pulling me back making me whimper. He smiled again but somehow the smile looked sad,

“Our affair.”

____________

so do we like? were you suprised? you gotta tell me or you won't get chapter four!!!