13) A friend in need...

Start from the beginning

"You're the archer she stitched up."

Vera grinned at her fiancée - brilliant, brilliant fiancée, who might have a chance now, because Terri sure didn't see any archer in her vision. There was hope.

Vera saw Oliver nodding peripherally. "Yes."

"You called him," Matt accused her, but to her surprise, it didn't sound angry. She slowly walked to him. Well, she didn't call Oliver directly, but....

"That I did. Because I'm-" -not watching you die. "...we need all help we can get."

"You-... okay."

Vera's eyebrows shot up, stopping in front of Matt. "Really? Just like that?"

He shrugged despite the obvious tension in his shoulders.

"I trust your judgeme-" He froze, reaching for his weapon once again. "Someone else's coming."

"I brought a friend. I hope that's okay," Oliver grunted and Vera turned to him, astonished.

He did not only come by himself but actually brought help?! That was- he was a do-gooder, wasn't he? He really was a hero. Vera fought the urge to hug him again. They might actually keep each other save like this.

"You're kidding? You brought more people to help and you're asking if that's okay?"

Another archer, dressed in red, appeared behind his shoulder. He was smaller than Oliver, speaking both his height and broadness of his shoulders, but he was obviously a fighter too. Plus, he had a bow. He didn't even need to be a fighter per se - as far as he didn't let anyone get too close.

His outfit was pretty similar to Oliver's, but Vera had to admit the red and black looked really cool - or maybe she was just biased. Which was totally relevant in this situation. Uhm. Maybe it was the leg holster with billy clubs attached to his calf? Not relevant, not relevant...

"Oh boy, another guy with a thing for red leather," Jessica sneered and Vera knew she was rolling her eyes, her face screaming I'm so done with all this shit, even without looking at her.

"It's Kevlar," a new mechanical voice rasped, stopping by Oliver's side. The rather tough look was completely ruined by an awkward wave. "Hey, guys."

Oliver opened his mouth just to close it. Vera guessed the red one was still in training and Oliver was done with him too. "Right. I don't know much. But I assume it's all of us against the rest?"

"There's one guy down there, he's a friend. Blond. Little bit of a beard. You'll be probably able to see a dragon tattoo on his chest," Vera explained shortly, glad Oliver had broken the awkward silence. Because. Mission.

"A guy with a dragon tattoo is a friend?" the red archer questioned.

"Yes," six voices answered unison and the red guy raised his hands in 'no harm' gesture.

Vera cleared her throat. Focus. Mission. "Right. So, just quickly - bulletproof." She pointed at Luke.

"Luke," he said simply, nodding. Vera smiled, continuing.

"Super-strong."

"Jessica."

"Enhanced senses. Pretty much a ninja," Vera introduced shyly, unable to resist the urge to smile.

"Mike."

Jessica rolled her eyes, muttering jeez under her breath. Vera ignored her and pointed at Colleen.

"Badass with a sword."

"Colleen."

Vera wavered. How should she be introducing Claire? Like shortly? "...just badass on her own."