I push the thoughts back and grabed a glass of champagne from a passing waiter. I’d never had any expensive alcohol before so this was my first. I took one little sip and immediately drunk it in one. It shook my body and I felt wide awake.  I got another and downed it in one. It tasted amazing. I stood up to get more.

-Nathan Blake-

Wow, she really likes herChampagne. I watch her drink glass after glass enjoying every drop. But that’s not what causes me to stare at her perfect face. She looked divine in that dress, the little curls in her hair, her lips, deep red and very tempting. I cannot believe I’d never met her before until now. All them other girls were pointless, but not Isabelle.

Just that way she clumsily falls over or smashes something very easily. I chuckle at the thought and watch her drink more.

SMASH!

She’s dropped one of her glasses on the floor and jumped back when glass shards flew everywhere.

“Ergh, I’m sorry” she grumbled and looks up at me apologetically. I wave my hands to say it’s ok. The waiters come instantly and deal with the broken glass. I take Isabelle’s hand in my own and pull her up. She doesn’t question me but comes along anyway and we link arms and walk up the stairs leading upstairs where it’s much quieter. It wasn’t long when we get to a large room only lit with the moons light. It was rather romantic, but maybe that was exactly what I needed.

“Why are we up here?” She asks looking around the room.

“Not sure. It’s just more quiet.” I grab her arm and pull her back before she wanders too far away. She stares at me in surprise, he eyes so innocent that they send my heart racing. Why is it that she can do that? I gulp, my stomach turns and I dig into my tux pocket revealing a tiny box. She looks down at it, she tenses up at the realisation of what it is.

“Isabelle,” I whisper and see her stare at the ring, her mouth open in shock. “Will you marry me?”

Ok, this seemed highly pathetic since we hardly knew each other, but I was asking her to marry me anyway. It doesn’t matter how many girls I’d slept with, I still wanted this to be romantic and done properly.

“I-I-you-“ she stutters, eyes flying from the ring to my face constantly. For a brief moment I thought she’d stopped breathing, she was so still.

“Isabelle?” I ask, worried that someone might be wrong, but she runs. Runs to the door and disappears. I sigh and lean against the wall. What did I do wrong?

-Isabelle Quinn-

I must find Caroline, must find her. Where is she? I push past everyone in my way to find her but I can’t see a tall brunette in a long blue dress.

“Isabelle!”

I spin around and slam into her eating something.