prompt 1: describe a object from your childhood

Multicolored yarn

Lily's POV

I went to the store to buy some yarn to crochet with.

I saw so many colors and types of yarn.

But I was looking for something special and then I saw it.

Rainbow colored yarn had no rhyme or reason to the colors it just kept changing colors.

I loved it! It was perfect!

I bought it and went back home.

I bought it because I was going to make my cat Smokey a sweater for my birthday present to myself.

My party was in a week, so I decided to sleep tonight and start working on it tomorrow.

Time skip to the morning

I woke up and looked at my alarm clock.

It read 12:00 am.

I started panicking and running around getting ready for school while saying “I'm late I am oh so very late bye Smokey see you later!”, As I rushed out the door I remembered something important.

“Wait for a second its summer I have no school!” I said relieved until I realized something else.

“That means I didn't have to get up.” O said depressed about being awake.

I went back into my apartment which was a total mess half from me being in a rush and half because of my cat.

I saw the yarn I bought strewn about the apartment it was everywhere and in the middle of this mess was Smokey.

So I say” Smokey Jacob lovely cat! Get your feline butt over here this instant.

He ran away.

I chased after him.

Time skip brought to you by a slapstick comedy chase

I fell down for the 100th time and gave up on catching that cat.

And went to the store again.

And when I got home amazingly all the yarn was gone.

I decided to sleep since it was nighttime again.

Time skip to morning

I woke up and went to start working on my project only to find it all chewed up I yelled” Smokey!”

As I went looking for the cat I saw my dog diamond with a ring of multicolored yarn around her mouth.

I sighed and went to the store to buy some more.

And when I got back the yarn was all gone again.

I went to sleep.

Time skip

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY!” was the first thing I heard when I woke up causing me to scream and fall out of bed.

I went downstairs and lo and behold the yarn was missing I yelled: “oh for Pete's sake you have got to be kidding me!”

But then I saw that my ferret bandit had a small piece of yarn stuck to her forehead.

She went under the couch and left with no yarn on her forehead.

I looked under the couch not knowing what to expect.

And there it was all and I mean All the missing yarn!

The shredded yarn, the yarn that was undone and the newly bought yarn all under the couch.

I said laughing “oh bandit what are we going to do with you!”

Then my twin sister Alyssa said “I'll tell ya what we're going to do! Let's party!” We played a lot of games but while we slept the yarn just disappeared. The end!

stories from writing prompsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara