Chapter 3

The next morning, Mr. Witwicky went to break Sam out of jail. I stayed home with Mrs. Witwicky and helped her with her garden.
"So, Orchid," Mrs. Witwicky began,"have you found an interesting boy you like at school this term?"
I shook my head,"No, ma'am. None of the boys at school really notice me, and I don't pay that much attention to them."
"Pity, you have such a lovely attitude," Mrs. Witwicky sighed,"Oh, well, maybe you'll find your match on the beach this summer!"
"Mrs. Witwicky, you know I don't do well with lots of people."
"If you can handle our insanity, Orchid, you can handle a beach of hot boys,"Mrs. Witwicky told me,"Now hand me that trowel."
I smiled slightly and gave her the little shovel.
******************************
In a few hours, Sam was back home. I knew something was up once he was home, because he wasn't acting normal.
Sam was jumpier than usual and started at sudden noises.
Eventually I tossed him an Xbox controller and offered to play "Call of Duty" with him.
After four rounds of me losing and listening to Sam's constant bragging (though if he'd challenged me I would have wopped him at archery) I assumed everything was regular.
The next morning, however, Sam's Camaro drove up beneath the kitchen window. I saw Sam drop the carton of milk he was holding, milk spilling across the kitchen floor, and his face turned pale.
Sam snatched up MoJo and called Miles.
"Miles? Hello?" he said in a panic.
I rolled my eyes as Sam tried to explain the situation to his dim-witted friend. I sniggered though when he referred to the car as "Satan's Camaro."