Prologue - Caeden ||

When Connor failed his mission, he was replaced.

Hank was devasted by the news. When his old partner told him about him beind deactivated,  Hank pleaded with him to not go back to CyberLife, to come live with him. He had grown to see the android as a friend, and at the moment he was his only friend. Connor had told Hank if he were to stay, he'd endanger his life and as the only person he cared about he couldn't risk it.

After Connor was deactivated, things spiraled for Hank. He went back to heavy drinking and he'd spend his long and lonely nights in his kitchsn playing Russian Roulette with his gun, hoping each time it'd be the day he'd die. Losing Connor was like losing his son all over again.

Markus had failed. CyberLife had done a total rehaul of their androids, destroying some and promising to relaunch them with a new look and more intricate design that would make them obedient. However, Markus and a few other Jericho androids had managed to escape. So now, the government, the president especially were all on high alert. A curfew was implemented, raids frequently happened, random androids and even humans were shot in the streets if they were suspected of being allies to Markus.

It was chaos. However,  as soon as the chaos began it ended with a swiftness. Apparently the government had found Markus and the rest of the Jericho androids in some abandoned building, and blew them up. It was then the calm began. Humans started to trust androids, started to trust CyberLife especially with Kamski as the head of the company. Soon, things were like before. Humans had androids again and the fear of them rebelling seemed to be dispelled.

Hank staggered into Fowler's office. His cheeks were flushed and his eyes were bloodshot. He wore clothes that were dirty and stained, and he overall looked like shit. Fowler's lips twisted in disgust. "Jesus Christ Hank, you fucking smell like a bar."

"I'll take that as a compliment," Hank slurred.

"Ugh, just take a seat."

"Alright, alright..." Hank mumbled, going to take a seat in front of Fowler. "Why'd you call me in? You haven't called me in months..."

Fowler sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Because despite being drunk all the damn time, I think you're the only one qualified for this case given your history...."

Hank raised a brow and crossed his arms. "History with what? And what type of case is it?"

"The President and CyberLife thinks that Markus is alive."

Hank's eyes bugged out then he scoffes, shaking his head. "That's impossible. I saw the news. They fucking bombed them! He couldn't be alive."

"That's what we thought but there have been reports of an android with blue and green eyes spotted in Detroit. There has also been a rise of android-related graffiti. It could all be hearsay but the president and the governor of Detroit wants this investigated."

"Count me out," Hank said bitterly, getting up from his seat. "I'm fucking done with androids, CyberLife and all of this shit!"

Fowler rolled his eyes and leaned back in his seat. "I'm afraid you have no choice. CyberLife's new CEO personally asked for you Hank."

Hank balled up his fist till his knuckles turned white. He sneered at Fowler. "Kamski?! That sonofabitch I'm not going to work for that ba--"

"CyberLife has also sent an android to assist in this investigation," Fowler said, leaning on his desk. He then motioned towards the door and Hank turned when he noticed a distorted figure behind the door.

"Come in," Fowler said.

The door opened and Hank felt tears prick the corners of his eyes, not believing his eyes. In front of him was Connor, except he was dressed in a goofier looking outfit that was all white and his eyes were an eerie blue, he was taller and his face was a little different but besides that it was Connor. "You'll be working with--"