Dresses

Your p.o.v
Dresses are a stupid invention. They're human death traps. It's not like I hate dresses, I just hate how they expose my legs and are almost impossible to get off. Not to mention most dresses don't have pockets. Like, what am I supposed to do with my hands?!

"Y/n, dresses aren't that bad." B/f/n replied. Whoops. I said that out loud.

"Stupid ceremony for the grade eights. Stupid school staff for making us wear dresses." I muttered. B/f/n just laughed at my struggles and threw a dress my way. I caught it and knowing the drill, went away to try it on.

We have been at this for awhile. Trying on dresses since we didn't have one. This is our fourth store and I still don't have one. B/f/n got her's at the second store so she's enjoying my pain.

And as I said earlier, there's this ceremony at school. It's for the grade eights and the school wants us all to dress fancy. I get the ceremony part but, why dress fancy? That part just seems stupid to me.

"Knock knock knock. You done in there?" I finished up and went out of the dressing room.

The dress was my favourite colour, which, is my most favourite part of it. Although it's like an ombré. It's the same colour but it gradually gets darker the lower down it gets. The dress is floor length so my legs won't be exposed. Which I mentally cheered at.

At the waist it a little tight showing off my so-called "curves" but not too tight that it's uncomfortable. After the waist down, it's goes out just a tiny bit so it's loose.

The top part, at the back, it's almost backless. Only one little button at the very top to keep it from falling. The very top, right above the chest area, is all lace. Overall I think it's pretty but it doesn't change my thought about how dresses are death traps.

"You look amazing~." B/f/n came up to me inspecting it. She nods in approval.

"This is the dress we're buying. Boy oh boy, he's gonna be drooling all over you."

"B/F/N!" I went back into the dressing room and went back into my normal clothes as fast as I could. Then I started wondering how my crush, C/n would react. I shook my head and went out, dress in hand.

"Alrighty then, time to buy." B/f/n pulled me towards the cashier. I sighed and mentally prepared myself for the day I have to wear the dress. Which was... two days from now. I sighed again as I realized B/f/n will force me to wear makeup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I turned off my alarm and checked the time. Two hours before I normally wake up. Just for me to put on a stupid dress and some stupid makeup. Excuse my lack of vocabulary.

I sighed and got up to shower and brush my teeth. Once I finished I blow-dried my hair and pulled the dress out of my closet. I groaned then changed out of my comfy pjs into a what's the equivalent to a bear trap.

After that I put my hair up in an elegant braid and waited for B/f/n. She said she would come over and do my makeup. Just as I managed to get comfy, my bedroom door bursted open

"Alrighty, let's work some magic."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked into school. I was uncomfortable but at least we weren't the only ones with fancy dresses. Except a few are a bit more revealing than ours. I rolled my eyes at that.

I followed B/f/n until I realized where she was going. Or... who she's going to...

"C/n, time for you to confess. I seen the way you look at my best friend and trust me, she feels the same way. Now confess before someone else steals this beautiful girl." I blushed and I saw that C/n was beet-red too. B/f/n soon left.

There was silence but during that I admired C/n. He looked so cute and handsome at the same time in his tuxedo. I realized too that his tie matched my dress.

"I, uh..." I started.

"You look beautiful."

"T-thank you."

Awkward silence.

"About what B/f/n said," I started once again. C/n rubbed the back of his head nervously and chuckled.

"I sure hope what she said was true."

"What?"

"I really like you Y/n." I smiled.

"I really like you too but,"

"But what?"

"Did B/f/n tell you to wear that colour tie?"

"Yes." We bursted out in laughter. After that the bell rang. C/n and I walked hand in hand into the building where the ceremony was being held. Although even though the dress was a part of how C/n and I got together,

I'm never wearing one again

But, but what about your wedding dress? 😢😢. I'm kidding. Anyways how are y'all? I'm doing fine although I feel like this isn't all that great... Well that's all I had to say, bye~.