3 ~ The Mission pt.1

Levy's p.o.v

6 Weeks. I had been gone for 6 weeks. I didn't know how much that affected them. I thought they wouldn't even notice me gone. But they did. It pained me to know that Gajeel was really a butt-hole, but it made me feel horrible knowing that I caused pain to the people who mattered most to me because of my self loathe.

Ever since I came back everyone been there for me. They made sure that I was okay. I laughed and talked more with a lot of them. Just to see they're smile again. It killed me to see my family sad because of me. But at least they care.

Gajeel looked like he couldn't give two flying craps about me gone, and as much as it broke my heart into a million pieces, I had to get over it and realize that he doesn't like me like that. For the love of all things cheesecake he has a girlfriend!! Get over it and move on!! That's what my brain told me countless of times over the past 6 weeks. My heart on the other hand felt do conflicted that it couldn't and wouldn't give me an answer.

So what did I do?

I listened to the only answer available at the time. In which my brain had so wonderfully provided for me. So now guess what I'm doing? I'm giving Gajeel the silent treatment. As much as it pains me to not be able to talk to him, my will power wont let me utter a word to him for what he did to me.

I had been ignoring every advance he tried to make in order to talk to me. He started to seem a bit desperate, but what really surprised me was that he had gone all possessive on me. Every time I even try to go on a specific job he would take the paper from me, pin back up on the request board, and 'forbid' me from trying to go on it ever again. I honestly don't know what his problem was with me taking on a job. I'm capable of handling myself on a job so I don't see the problem. I thought maybe I was overlooking something but I saw nothing wrong with job description or request.

To whomever it may concern:

I have lost my family heirloom. It was a rare plant made of platinum roots. It has been taken away from me and hidden in the forest of no return. I will fill in more details if needed. You can find me at 12414 Matio Place. The reward will be $69,000,000 if found.-Khan Matio.

I honestly saw nothing wrong with it. If anything this job was perfect for me. I'm great at finding things. I spend so much time at the library that I I've lost and found so many books that I've gotten better by the day.

Today I don't think Gajeel is here so I'm going to try going on that job.

"Hi Mira." I said to the matchmaking devil/bar waitress as she smiled nicely to me.

"Oh hello Levy-chan."

"Can I take on this job?" I asked in a polite low whisper.

"Sure! But why are we whispering?" Mira asked slightly worried.

"Because I don't want Gajeel to know that I'm still trying to take on this job. He's been stopping me from trying to take the job." I said whispering again.

"Oh really? Why?" Mira asked getting that evil matchmaking glint in her eyes.

"I don't know Mira" I said awkwardly poking my fingers together.

"Are you sure you don't know??" Mira said creepily.

"No?" I said.

"So you're sure that you know?" She said quizzically.

"What?! No that's not what I said." I said defensively.

"So you don't understand?" Mira said confused.

"Yes." I said relieved.

"Ah so you do understand." Mira said.

"No its not like that Mira." I said trying to explain.

"Haha its okay Levy I get it. I'm just messing with you. But of course I'll let you go on the job. Let me see the paper so I can approve." Mira said smiling.

I swear sometimes I worry about her. "Okay here you go Mira" I said a bit excited.

This will be the first job I take since my absence, so excited is a bit of an understatement for me, but it doesn't matter as long as I get to do it. "Okay, you're approved! So good luck. I heard that the forest of no return is pretty dangerous so be careful" Mira said in a sweet information way.

"Thank you Mira and I will." I said as I headed to the door.

My bags were already packed because I planned this ahead of time. I was almost to the door when suddenly someone pulled me by the back of my dress and lifted me up.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Gajeel said looking back and forth at me, my bags, and the job paper. I think he connected the dots because put down and blocked the door from me.

"You're not leaving the guild. How many times must I tell you that shrimp?" Gajeel said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Why? Why cant she leave? Huh Gajeel?" Nodoka said stepping in front of me and coming face to face with Gajeel.

"Yeah Gajeel its just a simple job" Lucy said standing next to me.

Suddenly Mira came over with Erza and Natsu.

"What is the problem?" Erza voice startled us from the stare down Nodoka and Gajeel were in.

"Erza I was just telling Levy-" Gajeel stuttered out before I interrupted him. I was getting annoyed at this.

"He was telling me I can't leave the guild. Don't ask me why because I don't know." I said. Mira suddenly pushed Nodoka out the way and choked Gajeel against the wall.

"Look Gajeel, Levy will be able to go on this mission because I approved it. Do you understand?" Mira said wickedly sweet.

"But Mira-" Gajeel started in protest to the idea but he got interrupted again but this time, surprisingly, by Natsu.

"There are no ifs, and's, or buts about it!! I was just gonna let Erza and Mira handle this but no I'm irritated so just let her go on the mission! Its not like you're boyfriend and girlfriend so why do you CARE!!".

I'm pretty sure everyone in the guild was surprised by Natsu's boldness. No one expected Natsu of all people to say that but he did. We were all silent but Lucy broke the silence.

Gajeel stormed off with Nodoka scolding him about something. I took this chance to leave so I said my goodbyes to everyone and told them I'll be back soon.

As I was on the train all I could think about was why did Gajeel care about me going on this job so badly and how easy it was going to be.

Little did I know just how hard It would be.

~~~~~