ii. ECHO - a new look

Diamond glanced at the android from across the room

Diamond glanced at the android from across the room. The android was a spitting image of him, making her feel slightly uncomfortable. No— that wasn't it. Never that. She didn't feel uncomfortable, she didn't know what she felt. Surprise? Validation? Nostalgia maybe?

She shrugged off her thoughts as she watched the android survey the room. His head moved from upwards down as he looked to be counting the cracks in the walls. His LED shone a light a little darker from that of his stage, as a thoughtful gaze imprinted his face.

She brought her coffee to her lips, ignoring the bitter taste. When cyber life gave her an opportunity to create her very own prototype, she was ecstatic. Not that she had a choice in the matter.

"You constantly break the rules, talk back, and I haven't even mentioned your disciplinary record. This is your last opportunity to give yourself a good name Dr. Jackson. "

He paused, giving her a slight smirk.

"If not, well. I'll be forced to take more dire action. You understand don't you?"

Diamond shuddered at her boss' words.  She wanted to make Conner, of course, but they were going to sue her if she didn't do anything to impress that evil man. That evil company. And for once, she felt accomplished.

She looked over the curios android, seemingly taken aback by her own creation.

He was a handsome one, with his dark brown hair pulled back. A few strands of hair rebelled against the others and fell on his pale forehead. His puppy like irises were also a deep, warming brown. His slender lips were tinted pink. He wasn't much of a talker, but when he did talk, she noticed his top lip was slightly farther out than his bottom one. A purposeful imperfection to make him appear more human like. His bone— well endoskeleton bone structure could rival to that of a model, with high cheekbones and a deep cleft of his chin. Dark spots were added to his being, with some on his face, and body.

He really looked like...

She tore here eyes off the quiet android and hit the record button on her tablet. She hoped her boss would be satisfied with her creation.

'Conner's my last hope!'

"Okay Conner,"

The Android slowly looked over at the dark-skinned woman. She motioned for him to walk in front of the camera.

Conner looked down, only now taking note of his bareness. He had only been wearing navy blue boxer briefs with "CYBERLIFE" written across the band.