DB, Attempt One, Ch. 1

I

As soon as I gained consciousness, I bolted upright in a panic to find the note. I stopped in my tracks as soon as I realized I wasn't alone. The pain came back in a burst and I fell to my knees.

"Who are you?" They asked warily. I could see the tip of a sword being pointed at me. I slowly looked up to see him, and saw a kid not much younger than me, shakily holding the sword at me. We both looked each other in the eyes and jumped back.

"What are you?" We asked in unison. His eyes were as dark as his jet black hair.

"I'm just a Parenthian, what are you?" He said nervously, his sword shaking as he pointed it at me.

"I'm human." I said quietly. "Where am I?"

"Eclarth, Parenthia." He said with a confused tone. "Where are you from?"

"I'm from Earth." I said. Was I somewhere else somehow? Maybe I'm dreaming?

"Earth? But that's so far away. How did you get here?"

"I don't know. I was home, then my head started hurting, then I woke up here."
See
"I'm Zenan. What's your name?"

"I'm Blake."

"I was actually going to visit my friend Savanah, would you like to come with me? Maybe she can help. She's a Fae."

"What's a Fae?" I asked, standing up fully and glancing around, the note nowhere to be found. I patted my side and found my sheath securely fastened to my waist, my sword safely inside.

"Fae are magical. They have special healing abilities and vast knowledge of different things." He explained.

"Do you think she will know how I got here?"

"If she doesn't, I don't know who will."

"I don't want to intrude-"

"She will like meeting you." Zenan said calmly.

I looked at him warily then nodded. He sheathed his sword and we began walking.

"So, how old are you?" He asked.

"I'm 15." I said, playing with the hilt of my sword.

"Oh I'm 14."

"My sister is 12." I have him a small smile.

"You have a sister? Is she here?" His eyes were hopeful.

"No. She's back home." I looked down.

"That's okay. I have a brother. He's 10." Zenan grinned.

"Are you two close?" I asked.

"Yeah. We're best friends. What about you and your sister?"

"We're pretty close too." I sighed. I hoped she would get the note.

We walked in silence for the greater part of the trip, and I was able to take in the scenery. The land looked very similar to that of Earth, but as the sun slowly set, the sky flickered with many colors and shades. There was a heavy green hue in this sky, despite the rainbow of ripples throughout it.

"Savanah?" Zenan called as we approached a small hut in a large forest clearing. I could see a garden with mythical looking plants growing, and a small pen with some species of bird in it.