[18] Chapter Eighteen

Start from the beginning

The entire process took about 20 minutes, which he repeated on the one downstairs as well.  Once he finished the second bathroom up, he dumped the dirty soapy water out in the yard and went to seek Emily for his next task. He ended up finding her in the front yard trimming the rose bushes. 

"Hey Em, I'm finished," He called, holding up his pail and gloves. 

"Wonderful! Now, it you could go clean out the refrigerator, that would be great!" She smiled, sitting up on her knees. 

"Um, alright." Clean out her fridge? he thought. Whatever.

Shaking his head as he went back inside, Seth grabbed a basket from the laundry room and set it next to the refrigerator along with a garbage. As he sifted through everything, he emptied many UFO's (unidentified food objects) into the trash, leaving the containers in the sink. The rest that was identifiable and still edible he threw it into the pink wash basket. 

After he got through everything, he wiped the shelves off and began putting the food back in, putting it somewhat how it was before. When he finished that, he slapped some dish soap in the sink with some hot water and washed the now empty, but slightly moldy dishes. He left them in the dryer rack seeing as how he didn't know where any of them went. 

For the rest of the morning he continued to run around the house, cleaning this and that, collecting clothes and leaving them in the laundry room, etc. Finally around lunch time, Emily came in from outside and made them some lunch; delicious hamburgers with rice and lettuce 

"So Seth, what have you been up to these past days?" Emily asked politely, taking a bite of her burger.

"Nothing much." Truth was, he was still mopping around, but at least it wasn't as severe as before. His mood hadn't become much better, but with the hope of reaching Mirabelle gave him a bit of strength.

Emily, however, could see right through him. "Oh honey, don't worry about it too much. We'll figure it out, I'm sure of it," Emily smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. 

"Thanks Em." They ate the rest of their food in silence. As they finished, Emily began to put the extra rice in a bowl to put in the fridge when Sam came in the patio door.

"Afternoon my sweets," He smiled, going over and placing a sloppy kiss on her lips and enveloping her in a giant bear hug. Seth rolled his eyes and went into the living room to watch TV. Even though they were being quiet about it, Seth could hear the couple talking about him in the other room. 

"How's he doing?" Sam asked. 

"Not so well, Sam. He said he had something to ask you. I'm thinking you guys should go out and talk about it. It seemed to be pretty serious. he didn't ask me, so I'm thinking it may have something to do with Mirabelle." Emily whispered.

 Sam nodded, "Alright, I'll go talk with him."

Seth quickly turned the volume up on CSI: Miami as Sam walked in. "Hey bud, Emily said you had a question for me. Let's go out back and you can ask me any question you want. 

He nodded, getting up after turning the TV off to follow Sam out into the backyard to the set of chairs and a small table. They both took a seat in a chair and got comfortable.

"So what do you want to ask me?"

"Well," Seth began. "I was wondering if you knew the name of the place they took Mirabelle."

Sam sighed, leaning back in his seat. "Yes, actually. I believe it was Fairview, but they didn't leave an address." 

"Oh, really? Then, did you look up their phone number? Maybe you could call them and ask for it."

"Tried that too." Sam sighed again, rubbing his eyes. "We tried everything, but we couldn't find out where in the world this place is. I'm really sorry Seth." Sam smiled sadly, then got up, patting him on the back before going back into the house. 

Seth got up and went inside as well, feeling crushed. I guess I can't go through with my plan then, he thougt. So much for finding Mirabelle. He said his good-byes to Emily and Sam before grabbing his things and started his short, yet long treck back home. 

Sam watched from the doorway as Seth wandered down the drive-way, onto the street, his heart most definitely heavy in his chest. "I'm so sorry Seth," Sam muttered to himself. "I hope you'll forgive me."

------------------------------------------------------------

Dun dun dun!

Kind of a sad ending to this one :/

Well, please vote, comment, and if you haven't already, please fan me for more story updates :) 

Also, if you're on Facebook, go like my page "Life Is Strange: A Twilight Werewolf FanFiction" for more updates as well :)

~Ali Blue Bunny