I stare at my right hand, handcuffed to the railing of the hospital bed before I hear a familiar voice say ‘Spencer.’

I switch my gaze from my wrist to my left, where my brother seats by the bed.

‘Luke.’ I breathe out and feel my eyes tear up. ‘You’re here.’ I tell him as he stands up seating by my side in the bed.

‘I’m here.’ He tells me and I watch his eyes tear up.

He helps me sit up in bed and asks me ‘How are you?’

I shake my head, moving my handcuffed wrist against the railing. ‘Not so good.’ I tell him managing a small sad smile.

His soft brown eyes stare back at me before pulling me towards his body, hugging me to him.

‘I’m so happy you’re ok.’ He starts in a broken voice. ‘When I heard what had happened—‘

‘It’s over now.’ I interrupt him feeling tears escape my eyes. ‘I’m ok now.’ I reassure him as he pulls back.

I watch him nod as a single tear rolls down his cheek.

‘I went to see Theo.’ He tells me after a minute of silence.

I feel my heart warm up at the mention of Theo’s name and remember how he chose being shot rather than giving me up.

‘He’s awake.’ Luke says and I smile with tears in my eyes.

‘Good.’ I tell him with a chuckle relaxing my body against his chest.

I close my eyes, letting the comfort of being safe in my brothers arms sink in.

A couple of minutes pass in silence before we hear the door being opened.

I raise my head from his chest as he sits straight beside me.

A middle aged doctor walks in followed by Detective Marshall.

‘Ms. Hale. Mr. Hale.’ He says nodding towards my brother and I.

I shift my feet under the covers of the hospital bed and that’s when I notice I’m wearing a hospital gown.

‘You were extremely dehydrated and presented signs of exhaustion.’ Dr. Potter, as his name tag reads, says. ‘Add the amount of stress you went through..’ He trails off with a sigh and he switches his gaze towards the detective. ‘I would like to keep her under observation tonight.’

Detective Marshall nods and Dr. Potter switches his gaze towards my brother. ‘I recommend her seeing a counselor, to help her go through any post trauma.’

I glance at my brother from the corner of my eye and see him nod at the doctor. ‘Thank you.’

He nods back and stares at me with a small smile. ‘Take care Ms. Hale.’ He says before walking out of the room.

A minute passes and I hear Detective Marshall sigh. ‘Mr. Mattheus is awake.’ He starts and walks to the right side of the hospital bed. ‘He gave his testimony of the events.’ He says and I watch him take out a key and unlock the handcuffs from my wrists.

He takes them and places them inside his pocket before replying ‘As soon as you’re discharged, you’re free to go.’

I stare at him with teary eyes ‘Thank you.’ I tell him, my voice full of emotion.

‘You’re welcome.’ He nods and continues. ‘I still need your testimony.’ He says and I nod understandingly. ‘and I need you and your friends to testify during the trial on Tuesday morning.’

I nod once again, knowing it’s all over; they can’t hurt us now.

‘Ok.’ I tell him and he nods walking towards the door.

‘I’ll come tomorrow morning to get your testimony before you leave.’ He announces giving us a last nod, before leaving.

I let out a shaky breath, rubbing my right wrist and closing my eyes briefly.

It’s all over now.