Chapter Forty Two

Start from the beginning

"This is peer-pressure just so you know," I told him, as he pulled me in for a hug. My feet now in the tepid water, soaking into the sand.

"I would call this making memories," He said in a modulating tone.

"Yes that too..." He stopped hugging me. We looked at each other, as if nothing around us was present, it was just us.

"You don't have to learn how to swim if you don't want to, today. Training will begin tomorrow," He said.

"I trust you," I told him.

"Good," He replied and kissed me on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too," I replied, unpremeditated. We strolled by the shore, holding hands. It was a nice day out, the sun was setting the cool breeze swirling around me, it's just lovely. We went back to the house after watching the sun set. I sat on the arm-chair in the bedroom and Ahmed's phone started ringing. It was on the coffee-table, though the number was not identified. After the call, messages started popping up on the lock screen, from the unknown number. I couldn't see what was written, just a far of distance to see that he's receiving messages. Ahmed walked in the room and picked up his phone. He looked at it and frowned.

"Who is it?" I asked, concerned about his sudden change of mood.

"No one," he replied, still looking at his phone screen. I stood up from the arm-chair and walked towards him. I hugged him, placing my head on his chest.

"You know you can tell me anything," I said.

"I know," He replied, and kept his hand on my back. I looked at him and smiled.

"Loves sunsets," I said.

"Not as much as I love you," He said and kissed me on the forehead. He's phone started ringing again, but he didn't answer it.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" I asked him as I let go of him — relieving him from the hug.

"No I am not," He replied, his tone somber.

"Okay." His phone started ringing again. I looked at his phone, he held it in his right hand.

"Maybe it's an important..."

"It's not," He jumped to his reply. "What do you want to have for dinner?"

"I am not hungry," I said, and walked back to the arm-chair and sat.

"You have to eat," He said. Before I could say something his phone rang again.

"Just answer the call," I told him.

"Why does it bother you so much?" He asked.

"It doesn't," I retorted.

"Can we not argue about a stupid phone call. I am going to make coffee you want some?"

"No." I got up and walked towards the bathroom. When I got in, I closed the door and locked it. I washed my face and looked my self in mirror, trying to stay calm and not indulge in my thoughts. I got out of the bathroom, and headed for the kitchen. I saw Ahmed talking over the phone, whispering. I cleared my throat and opened the fridge to get a bottle of water. He hang up the call and looked at me. I went to back to the bedroom, without saying anything. I couldn't think of anything to say that didn't make sound jealous.

I heard the door bell ring, maybe Ahmed ordered for something, food maybe. "I'll get it!" Ahmed yelled. The bedroom has it's own balcony and so I stood there, looking over at calm waters. When I turned around I see Ahmed walking towards me with slow-careful steps. He kneeled down on one knee and held my hand.

"I don't have a favorite color," He began to speak. "But when you guessed and said it was blue, I have never seen the color blue the way I do now. I didn't even know I like sunsets, until today when you were standing next to me and all I can think of is how much I love being with you and how much sunsets are so much better while standing to the person you love. You make everything seem alright. I don't know how I fall for you but I am glad I did, and I am so grateful to have you in my life. You are my wife and I cherish you in my heart. You are everything I ever wanted and more." A tear trickled down my cheek... I knelt down and hugged him.

"I love you so very much. You give me a feeling, I can't put words to. Spending time with you these past few days have been amazing as I got to see you for who you truly are. A corny, loving and caring man," I said to him before we stood up. We headed out of the balcony and Ahmed lead to me the kitchen. Where a bunch of diverse flowers were kept on the kitchen table. There were roses, sunflowers and lilies.

"Love flowers and unexpected moments," He said in a low tone. I looked at him and smiled. That's why he didn't want to answer the phone call, maybe he didn't want to ruin the surprises.

"Love pizza and donuts," I said as I walked up to him and hugged him.

"You forgot one," He said.

"What did I forget?" I asked as I stopped hugging him.

"Love Layla with all my all heart," He spoke in a modulating tone and winked.

***
Thanks for reading.❤️