Chapter One-Awake

He groaned, rubbing his hand on his temple. The bright lights of the Hospital made him squint and slightly cover his face.

        I watched him eagerly as he got accustomed to his surroundings. He was going to be okay.

        I walked over to him and ran a hand through his hair. "You okay, Luke?" I asked him, my voice soft. He looked up at me and tried to get out of my touch.

        "Who the hell are you?" He asked me, leaning back slightly.

        I paused for a couple seconds, not sure if he was being serious. "I'm your girlfriend," I said slowly. He shook his head.

        "I don't have a girlfriend, I haven't had one since I was in high school."

I started to panic. How does one simply forget two years of their life?! The doctor promised no damage!!

        "Luke, what year is it?" I asked slowly.

        "Two thousand n twelve," he answered simply.

        I tried to control the anger and disappointment I felt. "Hold on,"

        I walked outside, keeping my calm facade until I saw the doctor.

        "You lying bastard!" I seethed. "Luke can't remember anything from the last two years!"

        His face was shocked as he stared at me, the tears slowly building up. "Well, we considered-,"

        "‘Well we considered’," I mocked him childishly. I took a deep breath. "Please tell me that there can be a cure for this?"

        The Doctor sighed and started to fiddle with his clipboard. "Well, Ms. Gomez, you could take him places he might remember, his school, maybe, where you both met, where he now lives, but that's as far as we can go on remembering. Try to bring in his closest friends so they can help him."

        I didn't even say goodbye, but went straight to the waiting room, where his friends were waiting impatiently. "Well?" Ashton asked, ruffling his golden hair. "How is he?"

        I tried to hold back my emotions, but I let out a small cry and let the tears fall down my face. "Not good." I admitted. "He doesn't remember me or anything from the last two years."

        Calum stood up to give me a hug. I buried my face into his chest, letting the tears come out. "It's going to be alright, love."

I didn’t say anything, just kept crying until my head started to ache. Calum walked me into Luke’s hospital room and sat me down in one of the chairs.

“Go to sleep, okay? We’ll talk to him about this.”

I nodded drowsily and rested my head on the back of the chair, falling asleep slowly.

it's horribly written, but I want to fill in my end of the deal