Arc 1.2

Yuka and Song WuLian turned to the boy that had finally regained consciousness.

"Where am I?" Xia LuoXun asked cautiously as he instinctively looked around for any threats as soon as he woke up.

Yuka got up and slowly approached the boy that was lying in WuLian's embrace. LuoXun noticed this movement and met Yuka's eyes.

LuoXun's eyes widened in alarm and attempted to scream but an arm quickly covered his mouth and muffled his scream. When he tried to scramble away from the bloody animal another arm clutched his waist, preventing him from moving around much.

LuoXun looked up to see that it was his most trusted butler and friend WuLian holding him down and stopping him from screaming. Did he (WL) want to kill him (LX) by feeding him (LX) to the rabid dog?! LuoXun couldn't believe that his childhood friend would betray him!

If Yuka were to hear LuoXun's thoughts, he would snort and say, "You don't know the half of it. If you are already unhappy that your childhood friend betrayed you, you wouldn't survive in the apocalypse where lovers, fiancés and family members kill each other to survive."

WuLian saw the betrayal in LuoXun's expressions and tried to correct him. "That dog is not infected. I covered your mouth so that your scream won't attract more zombies."

LuoXun still looked at WuLian with distrust.

"When I let go of you, could you not scream or run away?" WuLian pleaded LuoXun. The last thing he wanted was to protect his young master while surrounded by hundreds of brain eating corpses.

LuoXun hesitated but soon gave a curt nod.

WuLian slowly removed his hand from LuoXun's mouth but did not release LuoXun's waist. (Ohohoho ☆〜(ゝ。∂))

LuoXun shifted around in WuLian's tight hold and tried to get into a more comfortable position.

Yuka watched the pair in interest. He never really got to observe people interacting with each other mostly because of his habit to distance others from himself. Now that he had two specimens in front of him, he watched them like they were one of his experiments.

WuLian saw Yuka staring at his young master so he took the initiative to introduce them.

"Young master, this is Yuka," WuLian waved at Yuka, "and Yuka, this is my young master, Xia LuoXun."

LuoXun looked at WuLian in horror. 'Why is he introducing me to a dog? Did he hit his head too hard in the car crash?'

To LuoXun's surprise, the 'dog' stood up and nodded towards him.

Yuka thought that if he approached LuoXun in a friendlier way, he (LX) could get more comfortable with him (Y) and they could start finding a base sooner. Plus, if he gave an instruction, they would follow it without questioning it too much.

Anyways, hiding his cold and aloof personality is a piece of cake because of his skill in Masking and Acting.

(Masking is like hiding your true thoughts or personality.)

He took out some of his Energy and formed the words: nice to meet you.

'Not really. If it were not for this Mission, I would not have even approached you in the first place.' Yuka thought.

The look on LuoXun's face was so comical that WuLian almost laughed out loud, but muffled it when he remembered they were in the middle of an apocalypse.

"Where did that come from?!" LuoXun whisper-yelled.

"It was from Yuka." WuLian answered.

"That dog?!"