Chapter 24

5 YEARS LATER

I'm now leader. After a month if privacy with my daughter I became leader. I sit in the lush grass, watching over my people.

As I'm in peace Jake runs towards me.  When he finally made it too me his chest heaved up and down after running. "Sina..." Jake says trying to catch his breath. "Ms. Eagle...very sick." Jake manages to get out. "Where is she?!" I ask worriedly as I bump up to my feet. "Clinic," he answers.

Right after his answer I make a dash for the clinic. Ms. Eagle rarely gets sick, and she's old. A small flu could kill her without proper care.

When I make it too the receptionist desk I slam my hands down. "Chrisana Eagle." I say. The lady seemed a little startled by me, but when I said the name she understood why. "Room twenty-five." She replies. I run down the hall. I made sure to keep track of the numbers as I passed by.

When I finally make it to her room I don't even care to knock. When I barge in a fearful sight beholds my eyes. Ms. Eagle was laying on the bed, needles stuck in her skin. "Ms. Eagle," I say in a desperate voice. Her eyes slowly open.

"Sinagona...?" She said in a bit of surprise. I could tell she wasn't feeling great. Her voice was hoarse as she spoke. I run to her side. "Sinaria, may I speak to you outside." Dr. Sage orders. I walk out the room with her.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask as soon as we're out the room. "Her heart if giving up." My heart breaks. "She doesn't have long." Dr. Sage informs me. Tears began to whelm up in my eyes.

No... You can't take her away from me.  I tell myself. "Sinaria, she's ninety-nine; it's her time." Dr. Sage tells me before walking off. Probably to give me space. I walk back in the room

Ms. Eagle lays in her bed fast asleep. I can tell she's having a hard time breathing. I get on one knee next to her bed. I tightly hold her hand in my own. I let the warm tears leak from my eyes.

I don't know when, but apparently I fell asleep. I wake up to Jake shaking me. I flutter my eyes open. Jake bares a grim look on his features. Whirls of emotions run through his light green eyes. His hair is everywhere.

"She's gone..." My heart fell at knowing his words. I realize that the hand I was holding had gone cold. "No..." The woman I've learned to consider mother is gone... Forever.

"Sina, Nuriona." Jake points out. Nuriona is four now. Today she was being home schooled by Lisa. I leave the room in a painful silence. Sensing my aura, no one talks to me as I make a way home. When I enter my home I see Lisa and Nuriona playing a number game.

How am I supposed to tell her Ms. Eagle is... Dead. She was like a grandmother to Nuriona. "Lisa, you can go for the day." Upon seeing my hurt expression Lisa nods, then exists the house shutting the door behind her.

"Mommy!" Nuriona cheers. She wraps her little arms around my legs. I pick her up. She really did get good genes. She's the prettiest girl I've ever laid eyes on. Her skin is white as snow. Her eyes were a bright blue, and her hair was a dark brown like mine.

I attack her soft cheeks with loving kisses. She giggled at my little attack. As spending time with my little girl is easing the pain of Ms. Eagle's death, Jake comes right in.

"Sina, the tigers, the puma twins, bears, and lions have something important to tell you." I groan. Now a days it's hard to spend time with my little angel. "Fine, watch Nuriona for me." Jake nods. I put Nuriona back on her feet as I'm about to leave. "Bye Nuriona," I bid before leaving.

I head to where we usually hold private meetings like this. It must be important if the lions are in it. They only hold private meetings in extreme matters.

I make it to the private meeting room. Once I enter I feel a aura the causes worry to build up. The leaders of their Nia groups are here. Jay, leader of the tigers. He's a very stubborn, but loyal; just what you expect. He may not look it, but he's a pure breed Nia tiger. His blonde hair hides it, but his golden red eyes don't. He has golden tanned skin. His body is well sculpted. Girl's basically fall at his feet.

Next him is are the puma twins. They both bare the same looks. Puma has long silky black hair, and green piercing eyes. Her brother Pascal has black silky hair the goes to his shoulders. His eyes are a bright gold. Both work together best, then not.

Then Shula, she's a true example of a pure breed Nia bear. Her hair is a chocolate brown, her eyes a hazel, and her skin is tanned to perfection. Then there's Jared, Lisa's father. His blonde hair is comb backed, and the intensity of his golden eyes are not hidden. He holds a strong sculpture; broad shoulders, and a muscled body.

"What have you all called in me for?" I ask with a hint of irritation in my voice. Jared is the one to speak first.

"One of my warriors was taken a few months ago." He starts. "I do recall." I reply. Kaden was the warrior, he was on border check duty, but never came back. "He has turned up with quite the news." Jared explains.

"He said a 'crazy' man is after you're power, Ms. Sinaria." Jay explains. "What?" I ask in confusion. "Kaden said he's found a way to extract the power you hold." Jay explains more. My eyebrows frown. Someone has found a way to take my power? That sounds almost impossible.

"Puma, and Pascal did some investigating." Jay points out. Puma slides a file of papers towards me. Feeling interested in this meeting I take a seat. I take the beige file into my hands. "We were able to track him down, and follow him." As I'm looking over the file I see that Puma put everything in great detail.

"A millionaire?" I question. "He owns his own little laboratory, and lives in a mansion by himself." Pascal explains with a hint of pity. "Why would he tell Kaden his plan?" I question.

Wouldn't he want to catch me by surprise? "he's challenging you," Shula answers. "He's truly confident that he can take you're powers away." Shula explains her reason for it. "If he's after me, then we have to ensure Nuriona's safety." I order. I can lose my powers, but she can't.

"I will go over this information tonight, then I shall call upon another meeting, but for now meeting dismissed." Everyone leaves the room.

As I'm making my way back home worrying thoughts cloud my mind. Could this man actually have a weapon that could strip me of my powers? If so, then Nuriona is my top priority. If this man knows of my existence, then he might just know about Nuriona's.

As I enter my home the sound of joyful giggles fill my ears. "Hey, mommy, who's your flower?" Nuriona asks. "Why you are," I state as I scoop her up into my arms. "Aww man, I thought I was." Jake says. I give him a blank expression, causing him to laugh.

"I guess I'll go," he says. He waves goodbye before leaving. "Would my little flower like mommy's home made hamburgers?" I ask. I smile already knowing her answer. "YES!!!" Nuriona squeals.

After dinner I wash up Nuriona before putting her to bed. Before going to bed I look over the file. I write some side notes of things I find intriguing or strange. Once I finish that I head to bed.

My mind fills with thoughts of today's events. First Ms. Eagle dies, and now I know my daughter might be in danger. Tears flood my vision as I remember about Ms. Eagle.

I find myself crying to sleep that night...