Welcome to Purgatory

Sorry to dump that on you (i.e. my death) but it is what it is. I am dead because I had chosen to be. I didn't however, considered that I'll be stuck in Purgatory. I mean, how could I have known that this place really existed anyway?
If I had known I'd be here, maybe I wouldn't have slit my wrists. Who knows?

Being stuck in Purgatory means being in a constant dream like state. You are dormant until someone living thinks of you and it's as if that very thought conjure you into their very space.

Since the time of my death, I've been conjured into heartbreaking moments. Constantly watching my loved ones mourn over my death was not what I had in mind.

Most heartbreaking of all was watching my mother as an empty shell by day and at night, watching her heart shatter.

Every time I arrive, I absorb their sadness. I am held prisoner until their pain subside. I had thought, maybe this was my punishment.

Their suffering made bloody gashes throughout my body over and over until one day it became less of a torture and more nostalgic. They began to remember the happier times when I was alive.

The first happy moment happened when a colleague of mine remembered how I'd pile up my plate with many different cakes during birthday month. The next moment was about my love of coffee. Each positive memory turned one of my previous gashes into a silvery scar.

I guess time does heal all wounds; although I wish I had known that from the very beginning.