Chapter 5 **flashback chapter**

Day three in England and guess where I was? If you had asked me then, I wouldn’t have been able to tell you. I was lost, and apparently had no idea how to read Google Maps on my phone.  I was in a panic, and stopped the first person that walked by me to ask where I was. I saw him, walking the opposite direction as me, and just as I said I was going to do, stopped him.

            “Hey, um, sorry for stopping you, but, um…” I was stumbling over my words. He was extremely attractive.

            “Yes?” he said, cocking his head to the side.

Fuck, I couldn’t get out my question to figure out where the hell I was.

            “Are you lost…?” he asked. God, his voice was melting my brain matter. I was just waiting for it to ooze out my nose or something.

I nodded, “I’m sorry… I’m not usually like this. I’ve only been here for a few days. I have no idea where the hell I am, and it’s not like I have any friends to call and ask ‘Hey, where am I and how to I get back to my hotel?’.” I laughed nervously, brushing my hair behind my ears.

He asked me what hotel I was staying at and I told him.

            “My, you have gotten yourself lost. That’s on the other side of town. It’s a good 30 to 45 minute walk from here, and it’s starting to get late.”

I sighed. “Can you point me in the right direction? I better start walking.”

He pointed off in the opposite direction I had come from, and I thanked him. I went to start walking, and he grabbed my arm to stop me.

            “Here, give me your cell, I’ll put my number in it. If you get lost, ring me and I’ll come find you… I never got your name. I’m James,” he smiled.

            “I’m Evangeline, but everyone usually calls me EV,” I replied, handing him my phone.

            “You’re obviously not from around here, so where are you from?” he asked, handing the phone back and handing me his own. I kinda sat there, staring at it for a minute, before I entered my number and name and handed it back to him.

            “I’m from Port Richie, Florida and I’m here until the Wednesday after next,” I said, looking past him, at the setting sun. I had a long, dark walk a head of me.

            “You don’t want to walk alone, do you?” he said, softly.

I shook my head. I was terrified of the dark. I could have called a cab, but they were pricier here than they were back home.

            “How about I walk with you?” he offered.

            “No, no, you looked like you were supposed to be going somewhere when I stopped you.” I didn’t want to keep him from wherever he was going.

            “I was on my way back home from where I was supposed to be, actually. They won’t mind if I’m home late, alright? I’ll call them and tell them where I am if that makes you feel any better.”

            “If you’re sure… I mean, you don’t know me, so why are you being so nice? I mean, no one else has been this nice to me,” I said, honestly. I hadn’t really met anyone worth talking to and if they seemed like it at first, my mind was instantly changed.

            “You seem really nice and you’re going to need a friend while you’re here. What if you get lost again, and you stop someone who isn’t very nice?”

He had a point and I told him that, shrugging. Who could have guessed my stupidity would have landed me a friend? He pulled out his Blackberry again, dialing a number.

            “Mum, its James, I’ll be home a bit later than expected. Oh, nothing’s wrong, I’m just helping out a friend. Alright, love you,” he said, hanging up the phone.

            “Let’s get you back before it gets too late,” he said, smiling at me. He was gorgeous. His face was somewhat long, and he had the most incredible hazel eyes I had seen in such a long time. They were rimmed with black eyeliner. He was in a pair of skinny jeans with the knees cut out and a Bullet For My Valentine tee. I felt incredibly lucky as we walked the 30 minutes or so back to my hotel. We talked about everything that came to mind, and by the time we arrived, I truly felt like I had made a real friend.

            “It seems we’ve arrived,” he mentioned, somewhat sadly. I knew how he felt; I didn’t want him to leave either. I was actually having a good time.

            “This better not be the last I see of you while I’m here Cheal. You’re the only friend I’ve got in this whole country,” I stated.

            “Of course it won’t be. Just text me the next time you want to do something and we’ll make a day of it. I’m free tomorrow and the next day, actually,” he said, smiling.

            Wow. Okay, this was too good to be true I swear. An attractive English boy wanted to spend time with me. I smiled back at him and thanked him again.

            “I’d offer you to come up with me, but it is getting late and your family is expecting you,” I said, biting on my lip. Whateven was I thinking? Inviting him up to my hotel room? God, EV, you’re so dense.

            “I’d really like that actually, but you’re right, my family is expecting me.”

He would really like that. Okay, wake up. Right fucking now Evangeline. I pinched my arm, and nothing happened. I guess I wasn’t dreaming.

            “Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow, maybe?” I said, somewhat cautiously.

He smiled and laughed, “If you want. Just text me, and we’ll make plans.”

I waved him goodbye, and I ran up to my room. I was so happy that I had made a friend, and nothing could change that. I debated whether I should text James then, or wait for him to text me first. It seemed waiting was the better option.

            I decided to take a hot shower, and then call home to check up on everyone before going to bed. It was only around 4:30 there, but it was around 9:30 where I was. It took me a bit to get used to the time change, and the jet lag didn’t help. I stripped from my clothes and stepped into the hot shower. It felt nice, really nice actually. I leaned my head under the water to soak my hair as I soaped my body. After shampooing and conditioning my hair and rinsing all the soap from my body, I reluctantly removed myself from the shower. I dried myself and wrapped up in a robe, or dressing gown, as they called them in England. I towel dried my hair a bit more before walking back into the main part of the hotel room to call home. I dialed the number, and my mother cheerfully answered. She was always so chock full of questions. I answered everything she wanted to know, but I left out the part about getting lost and meeting James. No need for her to worry about me while I wasn’t home. After a good 20 minutes or so, I told her it was late and that I needed to be off to bed, because I was planning on going out again.

            “Just remember what I said about not getting into trouble EV,” she said, sternly.

            “I know Mom,” I laughed, “I love you, and I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” I hung up the phone, and plugged it in the charger. I changed into something more comfortable to wear to bed, and laid down, slowly drifting off to sleep.

AN: Thank you guys so much for reading this far! So I lied about having this be the last flashback chapter. There will be at least one or two more. I'm not sure, I'll know by the end of the next chapter! I love you! 

-bug. xo