Alana McLaren

Power: Shape shifting
Date: Sunday June 10th
Time: Unknown
Location: Unknown
...

"Kitty's gotta be alive," I said, pacing back and fourth. 

"We need a plan," Skyler said from where she stood, tossing her hands in the air.

"We have a plan," I said, my feet continuing to shuffle across the stone floor.

"That plan didn't include losing 75% of our power," Skyler said in a cold tone.

I stopped walking a whipped around, giving Skyler a death glare, "I'm doing my best here, okay?" I snapped, "You cannot come here, following me then blame me for some of us not sticking together! You want a knew plan? Make one yourself!"

Skyler's head drew back in shock. 

I raised my eyebrows in anticipation of her words then shook my head, continuing to pace back and fourth, "That's what I thought."

"Lana's right," Noah said from sitting against the wall in the dark, "We made a plan, and we can stick to it, we just have less people to execute it."

"The three people that were gonna look for Ty and Jackey could be reduced to one... Skyler," I mumbled to myself, continuing to walk back and fourth, "Noah and I could fight the monster, I could be a dragon again and use my fire."

"Well?" Skyler hissed, "You gonna say any of that to us?"

"I've got it," I said, ignoring her.

"Let's hear it," Noah said, standing up.

I explained the plan I had made in my head, and the two agreed that that was the best solution. 

We were all standing over the hole, looking into it, fearing the worst. 

"If we all die, I wan't to say, I love you guys," I said, swallowing the lump beginning to forn in my throat.

"We aren't gonna die, Lana," Noah said, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.

I nodded and took a deep breath in, "Who's first?"

Skyler volunteered to go first, and I agreed to shape shift into something that could fly and carry Noah down with me. 

Skyler turned her flashlight on and lowered herself into the hole, the beam of her flashlight shinning against the slimy wall.

I gulped again, trying to hide my fear. Fear means weakness. I'm not weak.

"It's okay, Lana, I'll be here the whole time," Noah said, his voice calm and quiet. He was doing a better job of hiding how terrified he was. 

I nodded again and looked up at him. 

"Come here," He said, opening his arms. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, and he slipped his around my waist. Him and I had been the same height for years now, but he was starting to out-grow me by a few inches. 

I backed up a little, his arms remaining around me. I looked into his glossy eyes that somehow reflected light in this dark room. 

"I... need to tell you something before we go," He said, removing his hands from my body. A feeling of loneliness washed over me as I stood there in the dark, now unable to make out his slim figure.

"What is it?" I finally said, my voice coarse and gravelly. I cleared my throat, and I heard Noah shift his weight. I had never felt such a heavy amount of awkwardness fill the air around him and me.

 "I really like you," He said, hesitantly, "And not like a friend, I like like you, for a few years now I have."

I was starstruck. I could finally pinpoint that feeling of jealousy when he introduced me to Riley.