“Hey yo, Lightweight!” Jackson shouts, and I squeezed my palms into a fist. I really am not in the mood for this right now. So, I picked up my pace and hope he got the message.

He didn’t.

The sounds of feet running behind me sounded, and he suddenly loomed in front of me. “What?” I hissed angrily.

His brows rose. “Whoa easy.”

“Can you just please me alone? Like you said, it will surely cause a dent in your reputation," I spat and pushed pass him.

Why was he even approaching me? He made it clear that I was basically the gum on his shoes.

Seconds pass and he rushed in front of me again and I halted. What was his problem?

“Look, I’m sorry for hurting your feelings the other day,” He apologizes.

I met his eyes with both frustration and confusion. This was certainly not what I was really expecting at all. He did look as if genuinely regretted it, but after all he and his school mates have put me through, there’s no way I was going to let my walls down.

“Okay. Can I go now?” I asked with annoyance.

His hand grabbed one of my arms and I froze. He was actually touching me. I glanced at his large calloused hands gripping mines then met his eyes again.

“Wait..um…you live with your dad right?” he asks with a frown.

“Yes, why?”

“Is his name ‘Jeffery’ by any chance?”

“How do you know?” I inquired. I found it extremely strange that Jackson was questioning about my father.

He finally releases my hand and rubbed his neck, looking a bit nervous. “The guys and I hang out at this pub every Friday night, and he was there last Friday. Jared told me he was your father. He was acting a bit…weird," He explains.

I felt a sudden fear rose inside me and I racked my brain to the events that happened on Friday. Surely, he went out, Kyle came over and I didn’t see him until Saturday morning. He was perfectly fine. There were no signs of a hangover. I’m sure Tart Tat would ensure he didn’t drank too much.

“He didn’t drink too much right?” I asked fearfully.

Jackson hesitated then and studied my face. A look of recognition passed his face before he completely masked it and slapped on a huge grin.

The entire change was sort of freaky and I could easily tell he changed his mind about telling me something.

“You know what, I was just messing with you. See you around Lightweight," He concludes and hurriedly walked off before I could stop him.

That was definitely weird.

*~*~*~*

After I got back to school, I immediately knew I was in trouble.

Kyle was fuming with rage because I ditched him at lunch and totally forget to tell him I was rushing off campus for a few minutes. He threw a big rant at my locker, expression how much I acted out of character and totally betrayed him. I scoffed at his dramatic behavior, but my tummy still fluttered with butterflies. He made me feel so wanted, it was crazy.