"He- he was your dad?" I stuttered shocked. Harley rolled her eyes. "He never was. Technically yes, with all the gene stuff. But he didn't give me one damn thing in my life," Harley told me.

"You have a brother. His name is-"

"Derek. I know. Although we're half siblings. That stupid prick had an affair with my mom. She died a couple of years ago."

"I'm sorry." Harley shrugged. "I've moved on. You're kinda forced to really."

"Why are you telling me all of this?" I asked.

"Because you killed him. You killed my dad that I was going to kill," she answered.

"I'm sorry. I had to, you have to understand that," I said looking down at the gun. Was she going to kill me because I killed her dad?

"He cursed you with something, Astrid, 'ol pal," Harley told me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. She leaned back in her chair and propped her feet up again. She was wearing combat boots. "How have those nightmares been treating you?" she asked.

"You know about those?"

"I have similar ones."

"What about?"

"The future. Mainly who is going to be involved in my life and who's not. You can guess how many times Vincent's been in them."

"Why-"

"Look at yours more like a present for being the first she alpha. Mine was more like, I-fucked-your-mother-and-I'm-abandoning-you-but-here's-a-gift-for-being-my-daughter."

"Why do you need me?"

"Because chickadee, I need you to get rid of mine and you need me to get rid of yours."

"I never saw you in his pack when you attacked," I told her.

"So?" Harley said getting up and grabbing a beer.

"How could we be chained or linked or whatever?" I asked.

"Because he got your hair, something from you that had you on it and went to Marla," Harley answered.

"Who's Marla?" I asked. She looked down at her watch then back up at me. She grabbed her gun and pressed it against my temple. I held my breath. "You won't tell anyone about tonight or any other night got it?" Harley warned.

"Other night?" I replied. She turned the gun sideways. "Excuse me?" she hissed.

"Got it. Yes, got it," I answered quickly. Harley moved the gun back into her pocket. "Good, we better get you home now. It's getting late and I'm sure that bundle of yours could use a rest too," Harley told me looking down at my stomach.

I got the same treatment I had when I first got into the SUV- shot, blindfold, cloth- and I felt the car pull to a stop. Harley removed the blindfold and we looked to the yard I had previously walked in. "Harley, can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"You just did, but if you want to ask a second, go ahead," Harley said. I nodded as she helped me out of the car. "How did you get into the territory?" I asked. She smiled at me. "We're not friends so I can tell you my secret," Harley answered.

"Secrets make friends," I replied.

"True and we do have a secret," Harley told me.

"So...?" I asked.

"Maybe another time," she said as she pushed me into the grass, climbed into the car, and drove away. I took in a deep breath, got up and made my way back to the house.

*********

"Astrid! Jesus Christ, where have you been?!" Jacob greeted grabbing me and pulling me into his chest. He kissed my forehead as I noticed Clayton, Austin, and some other pack members in our living room. The memory of Harley pressing a gun to my forehead came back to my mind. "I went for a walk, I told you," I said. Jacob pulled me away, placed his hands on the sides of my face. "Do you like scaring me shitless?" Jacob asked, "I tried to mind link you." The shot, she took away my mind link for an hour, I wonder how?

"I blocked off everyone for a while," I said, "I didn't want to talk to anyone."

"Next time, you're going with a guard," Jacob replied.

"No," I said pushing him away, "I'm fine and I don't need everyone to watch me 24/7."

"When you include my baby in this, yes you do," Jacob told me.

"I'll be carrying this baby for months," I hissed.

"Exactly." I moaned and ran upstairs.

-----------------------------

Hiya guys! New character, new dangers, new stuff, and new twist!

How do you feel about Harley and was she a shocker?