Chapter Seven

Zayn

The mysterious guy - Harry, I presume - from earlier walked in through the door, while I was sipping from my thermos.

He then quickly snapped his head up, as if he sensed he was being watched, and looked directly at my direction. I turned away awkwardly, now focusing on my nutritious oatmeal. Staring at the raisins that were scattered all over the oatmeal, I imagined each of them being my worries, slowly sinking down, and disappearing.

"What do we have for today?" Liam asked, suddenly popping out of nowhere, causing me to jolt up.

"I just asked you what you were having for lunch, no reason to be so jumpy." He snickered, his eyes amused at my reaction.

"Oatmeal." I curtly replied, wanting more than anything for him to be gone.

"What's this? Milk?" Liam grimaced, holding up my grey thermos.

"Fat-free, low calcium soy milk, actually." I answered, making him raise his eyebrows at my use of words.

"Okay then? I could care less anyways." Liam finished, standing up from his previous seat on the desk next to mine, before going around the rest of the room and pestering them about their lunch choice of the day.

"Nut crackers!" I heard a voice yell from Mr. Dick's office.

I stifled a chuckle at the unusual phrase. Everyone else seemed to have trouble hiding their own laughs. Standing up from my chair and walking towards the entrance, I pinned myself to the wall behind me so I could see where the sudden exclamation came from, without getting caught.

"What are you doing, Zayn?" Louis whisper-shouted, looking at me with urgency.

"Checking where that sound came from." I stated dully, I mean - the answer wasn't that hard to figure out.

Turning my head back to the door, I saw some movement from just outside Mr. Dick's office. From my vision, I could vaguely make out a figure - that I assumed was Mr. Dick - storming out of the office, a giant coffee stain on his crotch area. I waited, covering my mouth with my hand to muffle my laugh, before seeing him leave from my view.

I couldn't help it, I laughed the loudest I had ever laughed in my lifetime. I clutched my stomach, my eyes shut tight, and fell to the floor.

"M-Mr. Dick had a coffee stain on his c-crotch! He l-left to go clean it, I guess." I said to everyone, unable to say my sentence without letting some chuckles between each word.

Everyone else stared at me in shock and confusion mixed in their expressions before slowly chuckling along to my contagious laughter. Their chuckles soon turned into real laughter, all the different tones mixing together.

I truly enjoyed this moment.

These were the moments that you would cherish. Something like going to your first concert, or a life-long goal being achieved for the first time.

It was strange, everyone in this room - including myself - still didn't really know much about each other. But it seemed as if this was right, being here with all of them, just enjoying life at this very moment.

"Hey, how about we go and head over to my locker now? Since Mr. Dickwad left?" Liam asked, recovering from his laughter.

"I don't see why not." Niall answered, surprising everyone. It seemed as if Niall were surprised himself, too. He was usually the first to decline a question from Liam. Louis nodded over to Liam, as did I. Harry just mumbled something incoherent.

"Off we go then!" Liam exclaimed, leading the way out of the library.

.................

Liam