Chapter Three

Liam

I shrugged off Louis' comment, knowing deep down, that damaged something inside me.

"Uh, guys," Zayn mumbled softly, "M-Maybe we all should just be silent, work on our essa-"

"Don't take it too personally, Niall. Liam's just an ass who's trying to get to you." Louis whispered to Niall softly, as Niall's expression almost seemed...broken. All due to what I had said.

I didn't know that he would take it to heart.

Maybe I don't really take other people's feelings in consideration.

I guess I was always wrong.

I guess I always am wrong.

I shook my head rid of those thoughts. It's too late now to take it back.

"I'm not an ass." I mumbled quietly, flicking my gaze from the ground to Louis every now and then.

Walking closer to Louis, I leaned onto his desk.

"Anyways," I coughed, returning to my cocky side, "So you lads aren't boyfriends? Huh. But you both are gay though, right? I'm pretty sure I'm right," I leaned close to Louis' ear, making sure to get as close as possible, "Hey prince, you wanna clarify that for me?"

I smiled when I heard Louis' breath hitch.

My smile immediately turned into a smirk, when I realized that there were other people in the room.

I whispered into Louis' ear, "Have you ever been fucked in the ass befor-"

"Fuck you!" Louis shouted.

"I bet you would like that, now wouldn't you?" I licked my lips, shaking my head.

"That's enough!" Louis and Niall yelled, giving me their best glare that they could muster up.

I have to admit, Louis' glare looked pretty cute.

Wait, what?

No. Louis does not look cute. Louis is not in any way particularly attractive to me. Louis means nothing to me.

But then why did my heart ache when I realized that Louis' glare wasn't a joke this time, that he actually meant it?

Before I could decipher any of these jumbled feelings, Mr. Dick erupted into the room.

I quickly scrambled back to my seat.

What? I know I'm a bad ass, but I can't afford another detention. I have a life too, you know?

"I heard a ruckus! What in the world is going on in here?" Mr. Dick sneered.

He looked around the room-everyone staring innocently back at him-before rolling his eyes and turning on his feet, walking back to his office.

I smirked in triumph and pushed myself off my seat.

Sliding onto Louis' desk, I pushed aside Louis' and Niall's looks of disgust.

There it is again. That damn hurt feeling I get when Louis glares, rolls his eyes at me, or anything else that would make me the villain.

"I still say that we should close the damn doors. Wouldn't want Mr. Dick to hear another 'ruckus'." I suggested, mocking Mr. Dick's use of the word 'ruckus'.

"I-If I may interrupt," Zayn spoke, some quiet guy in the back snorting, "I think those doors are supposed to be opene-"

"What do you think, guy in the back?" I interrupted, asking the guy who snorted when Zayn interrupted.