codename: violet

i didn't do anything for my dad for father's day. i know it sounds like a jerk thing especially after i made my mom a gift but he's been such an asshole lately i can't take it. i just avoided him.

three hours ago | anordinaryjackal | 2 comments

Violet considers what to write in response. As usual, it's not something she understands—not something she can personally relate to. It's easier for her to respond to something like 'burned my hand because i forgot to use a potholder... yeah i'm dumb' or 'stepped on my cat's tail. am officially a bad person.' It's harder to say something reassuring in response to something dark.

Eventually, she decides on a simple sorry... i'm there for you if you ever need it! good luck & don't worry, it'll get better xo. In the next five minutes there will be at least two responses to her comment, and one of them will likely be asking her for a popularity boost.

codenameviolet has thousands of fans.

To be fair, she doesn't know how many. The Confessional as a website is supposed to be anonymous, so it wouldn't make sense to have a follower system. But she knows it's not the norm to get hundreds of comments on any given post, and she doesn't see anyone else hitting that level with their content. It's pretty clear she's famous now, if only online.

i totally faked turning in a paper the other day... i told the teacher i'd already turned it in & she completely believed she'd lost it! got an automatic A. i hope i'll never have to do it again x)

now | codenameviolet | 0 comments

(one minute ago | codenameviolet | 10 comments)

(twenty minutes ago | codenameviolet | 57 comments)

(one hour ago | codenameviolet | 102 comments)

One advantage to being popular is that it snowballs quickly. In real life, she can never talk to anybody. Online, it's so much easier: she posts every other day, and while other people pop on once to tell a dark story and leave, her fans can count on her to be honest about herself all the time—and be their beacon of positivity in the often depressing world of The Confessional.

She goes through every single post and comments, so people know they can come to her for help. In the time she's been on The Confessional, she's probably had twice as many things directly confessed to her as she's seen posted on the site. And she can always count on people who stick around to talk with her as friends.

plainjane09: hey violet! you on?

codenameviolet: here i am x)

plainjane09: whatchu doin

codenameviolet: nm... leaving comments haha

plainjane09: how long do u spend here every day??

codenameviolet: hours? idk

codenameviolet: takes work to be the queen ;^)

plainjane09: omg..... dont even

codenameviolet: did you finish your redesign?

She talks to lots of people—ge0rgewashington (based on a poster on their wall), callalily (favorite plant—nobody knows she wants to be a botanist), and goldfinch07 (one of the few people who tries to be non-anonymous—her name is Eliza, she's a year older than Violet, and she posts photos to Instagram to go with her confessions). She would just, you know, also like to have friends in real life.