Chapter 4

May 04, 2016
"Thank you Anderson, this is Liz Cho reporting live here in Denver, Colorado. There has a been a reported plane crash here in Denver. Originally the plane was heading to Chicago, Illinois from California. The cause of the accident is unknown and is still under investigation. Several were injured, but unfortunately 2 people have been reported dead. The pilot, 65 year old David Morris, and a 42 year old passenger named Nathaniel Jones."

"NATE" mom screams

*I walk in to find mom crying on the ground*

"Mom! Mom! what happened?! MOM"

"Nate.." mom cries pointing towards the screen

"What?"

*I look towards the tv slowly*

"No! Dad?"

*mom cries louder in clear pain*

"NO! NOT DAD! NO NOO"

*alarms goes off ...beep beep beep*

Huh? Was I crying in my sleep? Oh my god, I'm soaking wet I was sweating in my sleep too. That dream was a bit different. It didn't even feel like a dream. Wait. It was a flashback. A flashback of the night when mom and I found out about the plane crash on the news. The night my life changed. The night mom changed. The night I lost my two best friends in two completely different ways, my mom's mind set and my dad's life. Anyway, it was just another dream and I should get ready for work Andy will be here in 30 minutes.

*I turn on the shower water and jump in*

I wonder why this dream was different than usual. Why did it suddenly change? Before, I dreamt of dad's death over and over, why did I have a flashback dream of that night? It's so weird. It felt like I was taken back in time and relived that moment, except I wasn't in the moment it was like I was watching the memory play before my eyes. Like I was standing there watching mom and I cry for hours on the ground, just standing there not doing a single thing. Just watching. What a terrible thing to watch.

*I finish with the shower, slap on jeans and a greenday shirt, contemplate leaving my hair up or down and end just putting it in a sloppy bun, and head downstairs to find George sitting at the dining table reading the newspaper*

"Morning sweetheart!" George said to me

"Morning asshole!" I heard myself say

Holy shit! did I just say that out loud? Omg Omg Omg I need to leave before he comprehends what I just said to him.

*thankfully Andy honks the horn from outside, and I quickly rush outside*

"Uh, there's my ride gotta go!"

*I run outside without looking back and jump into the car*

"STEP ON IT! GEORGE INCOMING"

*We both see george run out the front door and Andy begins to drive away as he does this he rolls down the window and flips George off*

"Did you really just do that" I laugh hysterically

"You bet your ass I did" Andy says