Chapter 2

Sometimes I look around at all the kids at my highschool and just know that I don't really fit in. I always wonder what it would be like to go to Hogwarts, to truly be with other amazing people who are just like me, to be put into a house that best fits my personality and make close friends with people who fully understand me. I can just imagine the sorting hat saying "hmm I wonder where to put you..oh! I know! ALEXANDRIA JONES YOU GET—"
"Alex?"
...
"ALEX"

*I snap out of my little daydream to find my 4 best friends all staring at me*

"Oh, sorry guys i'm just a little tired from staying up doing calculus last night"

In this entire school I only really care about 4 people. Jack: One of my best friends since the playground swings when we were 6 years old. One of my favorite things about him is that he doesn't ever judge me and is always there for me at times others can't be.
Cami: Cami has been my best friend ever since diapers, her mom and my mom were best friends and I guess we just sort of clicked.
Anderson: I met Anderson (Andy) in the 5th grade he was a total jerk to me but after the 7th grade he matured more and apologized for everything and we eventually became tight. (he's still an occasional jerk though but I've learned to like that about him)
Willow: Willow is new to the school, I only met her 8 months ago and since then she's been an amazing friend that my friends and I have grown close to. (especially Anderson if you know what I mean)

"Nah it's all good, I get it, Mrs. Jennings really needs to dial it down with the Calculus homework." Jack said with a smile

"I know right, if she keeps this up i'll have permanent bags under my eyes" I chuckled

"Speaking of which i'm gonna go to the bathroom and touch up" I say to everyone

"I'll go with you" Cami says

*We leave Anderson and Willow making out and Jack playing a new game on his phone that he's obsessed with, and head to the bathroom.*

I looked at myself in the mirror and cringed. My shiny brunette hair looked frizzy and dry, my natural tan complexion looked pale, and my usually clear skin was filled with a a few random pimples that appeared out of nowhere and with nasty bags under my eyes. I really need to get more sleep.

"Alex.." cami started

"hold on"

*I say while still looking at myself in the mirror disgusted*

"Alex!"

"Yes?!"

"Are you alright? I'm worried about you, you haven't been getting any sleep and I don't think it's just because of  calculus. Are you still having dreams about your dad?"

I've been having nightmares about my dads death for about a year now. I don't know why I get them but they're the same thing every time, replaying my dads death in the airplane crash that killed him and my mom basically jumping to the next guy right after he died. Of course I wasn't there, but my dreams just give me a realistic scenario of how my brain thinks it might've happened..if that makes sense. Anyway I told my friends that they stopped a couple weeks ago but Cami wasn't having it.

"Yes Cami i'm fine, I told you my nightmares stopped a while ago."

"Alex, I know you better than you know yourself and i'm not buying your story, you look like you haven't slept in 2 days and your mind is distant. Please tell me what's going on."

"It's just—"

*freshman boy walks into the girls bathroom*

"OH! Damnit i'm sorry wrong bathroom, this place is confusing as hell, I always get lost in this big ass school"

"yeah that's no problem.." Cami says

"right..okay see ya"

*the boy leaves and shuts the door*

"What were you saying Alex?"

"Nothing, I promise i'm fine" I lie.

"But you were jus—"

"Cami. Let it go, please let's not talk about this" I beg

"Hm..okay"

I could tell she knew I was full of crap but I didn't wanna talk about it and really after a while the nightmares didn't bother me too much and I didn't wanna worry everyone. Cami looked a little disappointed that I wouldn't tell her what was going on.

"Hey! We can hang out at Honey's after my shift tomorrow. George is off work tonight and I have to make and eat dinner with mom and him which I am not looking forward to. At. All."

Honey's is our local cafe that I work at and also the little happy hangout place my friends and I go to.

"Oh yikes i'm sorry you have to endure a dinner with them again i'm praying for you, and yeah that would be great we haven't hung out at Honey's without the group in a while" Cami said

"haha thank you and i'm glad you'll have me, it's a date then!" I chuckled

"it's a date!" she laughed

That seemed to cheer her up a bit or she was just really good at hiding it.