"Al... right," Nymphia answered, looking at her granddaughter strangely. "See you later, kids."

"Bye!" both cried out before sprinting away. When they dissappeared, a crucial question popped in the Sylveon's mind.

"You gave them the map, right?"

Leafia turned to her, with an extremely unusual worried face. "...Oh."

× × ×

"Okay! Where to go first?" Pikachu asked with a positive outlook, after they went very far away from the beach.

"Let me take out the map," Eevee searched inside her small backpack.

Silence enveloped her.

"What? What's wrong?" the mouse asked, his plastered smile not leaving.

"We're lost," Eevee said plainly.

Pikachu wanted to scream. But no, Ash wouldn't do that... think like Ash. Be Ash.

"No worries! Let's just find the nearest Eeveelution! They must know about a whole forest dedicated to them, right?!" he said, carefree.

They weren't exactly surrounded by Eevees, and Jolteons, and Vaporeons... not even Pokémon in general...

"How is this possible?!" Eevee cried. "This is Kanto! Everyone's favorite region! The main region! How... how isn't it crowded to death right now?!"

She was already losing her calm, so Pikachu laid an assuring paw on her shoulder. "Let's keep positive. This is probably just a small deserted area of the town. I bet further down, it's flooding with Pokémon and people."

"It may be...?" Eevee blushed. "But which direction should we go?"

"Huh... when in doubt, just... listen to your heart!" he improvised, nervously.

"Hmm." Eevee took his advice to heart. Literally.

"My heart says..." She dipped her face inside her fluffy fur collar. "This way!" She pointed at the left street.

"Nice~" Pikachu complimented her with a smug expression.

"No prob. My Grandma gave me the same advice a while earlier!" Eevee shrugged, before the two ran away.

~ ~ ~
Hours of walking from their last point, and by far they had only seen a few people, and some Rattata and Pidgey.

Something was definitely wrong, or Eevee's heart just liked messing with her.

Pikachu let out a deep sigh of desperation, though trying to keep his plastered grin.

It was kind of creepy.

"I'm sorry," the Evolution Pokémon muttered, ashamed.

"Hey, I was the one who suggested it. I have no right to compla一"

He interrupted himself. "W-wait a minute! I smell something! Something..." He sniffed again, this time deeply. "...Familiar!"

"The bad or the good kind of familiar?!" Eevee beamed.

"The ugly... I guess?" He shrugged. "Follow me!"

They both ran until they got to a seemingly abandoned building, but all Pikachu wanted to do was turn the corner around it, which consisted of an alley, trash cans around.

Eevee had no idea what Pikachu supposed to find in such an environment, though she had to admit, the smell was familiar for her as well, maybe more now that she realized.