Explain yourself!

At the moment, Ana was sitting on his couch. She nervously played with her hair, not able to sit still. Christian walked over to her with two drinks in his hands. While doing so, he observed Ana and couldn't help to think how it was possible for her to be more beautiful than before...

God... such a beauty. 'How the fuck did I ever let her go?!' were the words that swirled around his head, while mentally clobbering himself.

He felt so damn stupid about it. It was the biggest fucking mistake of his life!

Ana nervously tugged at the strap of her bag at one point, looking around the spacious living room...

Christian was able to smell the shampoo she had used and had the urge to brush that lock that was in her face right now. His fingers ached touching her soft, silky locks.

"Here you go, Ana" he said, and handed one of the glasses over to her.

"Thank you" She replied, while avoiding his gaze, her heart beating 100 miles an hour.

Christian had taken a seat in a chair, and took a swig from his own drink.

Taking a sip from her glass, Ana's mind went on overdrive. They both haven't said much since she came to his place, the both of them too afraid and nervous.

She was still avoiding eye contact, so Christian looked at her, trying to catch Ana's gaze, his heart almost beating out of his chest. He saw that she was contemplating what to say.

"What are you doing here, Ana? Today is your wedding day, right?" he asked, his voice trembling, struggling to process his own words.

She looked up and locked eyes with him... Finally! "I don't know. I don't know what I'm doing here, okay?" she said aloud, almost shouting, and then closed her eyes, while letting out a deep breath.

Christian saw that she was struggling with her feelings. That she was fighting to prevent her tears from rolling down her cheeks...

He never wanted to cause her any pain... he truly did not.

However, right now pain was all he saw in her gorgeous blue eyes...

God! He wanted so bad to wrap his arms around her and keep her safe from harm. But then he remembered that she was the one who had moved on. She was the one who was going to get married with someone else! Looking at her ring finger and seeing the huge rock on it, didn't help the situation at all.

That diamond was huge! He immediately felt a gut wrenching pain in his heart, and jealousy... Why did she love another?!

Why was she loved by someone else?! Why wasn't she his girl anymore?!

Christian was angry at himself for letting Ana go, and selfishly decided to take it out on her. "So, uhum... if you don't know what you're doing here. Don't you think it would be a good idea, if you leave?!" he demanded, while glaring at her.

Oh no, he didn't... Hearing those words, made Ana snap!

She got up, and took two steps towards him. He was still sitting, while she towered over him."You wanna know what I'm doing here?! You really wanna know?" she hissed, her chest heaving from anger, while tears pooled in her gorgeous eyes.

The way she was standing with her hands on her hips and her cheeks all flushed from anger, made his heart explode inside his chest, aching for her like never before...

Christian knew he still wanted her. He still loved her, and that he never stopped.

His eyes automatically locked onto her pink, plump lips, giving him the urge to touch those and feel them against his own... like years ago.