Anomaly II

Ayame and Flynn sat on the couch, facing forwards, with Forrest on the couch adjacent, relaxed and confident. The two youngers, the snow headed girl and the cerulean eyed boy beside her, nodded their signal for Forrest to start. It was a game Flynn had created, and had invited Ayame to come play.

“So, the rules are that if one or both of you catch me in a lie, you get a point?” They both nodded, the concentration blocking out any other feeling they may have had. Forrest hummed, his finger tapping against the couch lightly as he thought, liquid emerald watching the two across from him. “You know, I find this game quite boring.”

“Lie!” Ayame barked the word, causing Flynn to jump in his seat, surprised by how intense her tone was given the usual velveteen aura that circled her person whenever she spoke. Forrest’s lips curved into a smirk, and his eyes flickered to Flynn, almost teasing him.

“And, what do you think?”

Flynn hesitated, trying to consider Forrest’s personality, and in the panic, forgot about the obsession the man had for himself. “Truth?”

Forrest stuck his nose up, proud that he’d out-fibbed one of the few people who’d be able to catch him out. “Point for Ayame.” Flynn felt an unfair pressure put upon him, since he spent the most time around the man. Eye contact was not broken as Forrest began to hum again, before averting his gaze back to Ayame, whose sight had not left his features. “I, quite frankly, hate children. They’re noisy, greedy, and have a strange smell.”

“Truth!” Ayame, once more, was able to get her answer in before Flynn. Forrest’s gaze flickered to the blond, who thought. “Flynn,” The girl bumped their shoulders together, trying to hurry him up. “Don’t think for too long, remember, first to five, and I have to go soon.”

“Lie.” Forrest hummed, grinning at the two.

“Can I ask for your reasoning, Flynn?” Even Ayame was curious, as Forrest, at least on the exterior, seemed to be someone who didn’t have the patience for children, considering how busy he was.

“You’re indifferent, just like you are with everything else.” Ayame looked back to Forrest, now curious if Flynn was right, and got the point.

“The point goes to,” Forrest was enjoying himself too much, and even he realised as much, but it didn’t stop him from drawing out the final answer, eyes flicking between the two. “Flynn.” The boy laughed in Ayame’s face, also seeming to become over-involved in the game. The girl merely pouted, waiting for the next statement. “Alright, next one. I adore the cold.”

“Lie.” The two deadpanned, and it was Forrest’s turn to pout.

“How’d you know?” Ayame sighed at the memory, recalling Forrest’s repeated complaints about winter, and how his fingers were always chilly and his ears always numb. “Whatever, next.” The two regained focus, leaning forward unknowingly due to the intensity of the makeshift pastime. “Flynn’s my brother.”

“Lie!” Flynn almost shouted, his cheeks burning a red. “An obvious lie, at that!”

“Lie.” Confusion swelled in Ayame that the question would even be asked, and her eyes flickered between the two men, an eyebrow raised. “Right? A lie?”

Forrest shook his head, smiling so brightly Flynn could feel the anger rising in his throat. “It’s the truth.”

“Stop lying, Forrest, we’re not related!” Flynn crossed his arms and looked away, managing to catch the suspicious leer Ayame sent his way.

“But, brother,” Forrest leaned forward on the couch, almost appearing genuinely hurt. “why would you say something like that? And, with someone in the room! I have feelings too, you know, it’s not all about you.”

“Forrest, I’m going to punch you in the stomach if you don’t shut up. For the last time, we’re not brothers.” Forrest caught Ayame’s attention, rolling his eyes at Flynn’s attitude.

“He complains about it now, but he likes it best when we’re –“ Flynn threw a pillow at the older, cutting him off mid-sentence. His ears still burned, and now, he’d have to explain.

“That’s it, game over, no more talking, Forrest, it’s inconvenient for everyone.”

“But brother –“

“I’ll leave if you keep calling me that.”

 *

Forrest is Papez123's character and I love him