Chapter Six

Nazmeera felt as if her heart was about to jump out of her chest when Umme Khultum ran into the room.She saw the confused look on Hamza's face and she saw the mixed emotions that clouded his eyes.

"Mamaaaaa." Nazmeera looked down at Umme Khultum and gave her a shaky smile.

"Yes habibty."

"How you know twins daddy?" Umme Khultum asked pointing at Hamza who gasped when he realized that she was the child from the restaurant.

Nazmeera thought back to the day at the restaurant and bit her cheek.Ya Allah they had been so close and now He has brought them face to face.Nazmeera kneeled down and tried smiling at Umme Khultum.

"How would you like if Nikki took you for some ice cream at the park?" Umme Khultum got a big smile on her face and she nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Oh mama.I will love that." Nazmeera stood up and she looked at Nikki who had a sympathetic look on her face as she knew who Hamza was from Nazmeera talking about him since they were friends.

"Cancel whatever meetings I have for today and take her to the park.You do have the money I give for her expenses?"

"Yes ma'am.Come Umme Khultum." Hamza put a hand to his chest when he felt it tighten when the woman took the child's name.He had only known that she was an Umme but he never got what came after that.He watched as the child turned to wave at Nazmeera as she skipped out of the room.

Once the door was closed Hamza looked at Nazmeera with anger filled eyes and she almost flinched but held back,crossing her arms over her chest ready for the fight that would take place.

"Is....is she my child?" Nazmeera felt her temper flare at his question and in that moment picking up the paperweight and throwing it at Hamza did not seem like a bad idea but Nazmeera only glared at him.

"May I remind you Mr.Sulaiman that we are still married so obviously she is your child." Hamza raked his mind.

"You were on the contraception."

Nazmeera rolled her eyes,gritting her teeth,"A little reminder your beloved wife had her babies and I went off it because I never expected you to come and sleep with me."

Hamza remembered that he had slept with Nazmeera on the night Aamanah went to the tribe,the night before he lost his cool and ruined so many things.He gave Nazmeera an accusing look.

"You kept my child away from me for 6 years?How could you be so heartless Nazmeera?"

Nazmeera scoffed and clapped her hands,"Wow I'm heartless?Well if protecting my daughter from being taken advantage off and from being used as a rag makes me heartless then yes I am heartless Mr.Sulaiman."

Hamza pinced the bridge of his nose with his forefinger and thumb,"How would she have been taken advantage of?I would treat her in the same way that I treat Umar and Uthmaan.She is my blood."

Nazmeera humorless laugh bounced off the walls and Nazmeera knew that what she was about to say would probably hurt Hamza but if she had to keep herself and her daughter away from his perfect family,if she did not want to ruin her cousin's home again she had to say it.

"Oh you would definitely treat them the same but what about that wife of yours?For her my child getting scolded would mean her children wouldn't?Remember her words "I thought this would happen with Nazmeera".How damn selfish could your wife be?I gave up my life for her,married her husband for her and she couldn't even think one good for me.A woman who couldn't think good for her cousin like sister how would she think good for my child.I'm sorry Mr.Sulaiman but as a mother I refused to see my child go through the same pain that I went through.You can't blame a mother's heart for being protective.I took all of your wife's shit but I won't let her shit affect my child.She felt as if she was losing her children when she was the one who asked me to feed them,when I only tried to help her out and all I thought was good for her.I kept my child safe from all of that so be thankful in fact you should have celebrated that this trouble was out of your life.In fact your wife probably did celebrate hey she must have been over the world to see her rival leave.So now why should I come back into that life that gave me so little when my daughter and I are happy in our life."