Monday

Sunday had been a normal day for the most part. After we had that awkward encounter with the neighbors we had sat by the fire until my parents had come outside. We ate, went on a golf cart ride, ate again, another golf cart ride, ate again, one more golf cart ride, sat by the fire and finally went to bed.  This time, when we went to bed we didn't wake up until morning. 

   The sun rise was particularly beautiful this morning, or at least that is what Rose told me when I woke up at noon. It was a chilly day, well chilly considering it was the summer time. I threw on an old college sweatshirt from Orlando that my papa had given me a whole three years before. The shorts I was wearing were red and my hair was up in the same ponytail it had been in the night before. When I pushed open my squeaky door I was greeted by my parents and Rose already eating lunch. Surprisingly, I wasn't hungry yet so I went outside to sit on our newly stained deck. 

   The sun was high in the sky with almost no clouds. I sat in a rocking chair that I had no idea why it even was here, but at this moment in time It was convenient. My eyes glanced to my left, at the camper that held the people of my curiousity . However, they were not there. To my right was a family I have not gotten the chance to introduce myself to, but like clockwork the door to the off white camper beside me swung open. A girl about my age walked out with a bowl of pasta salad and tripped over a single shoe and the bowl went flying as she fell to the floor.  I didn't hesitate and ran over to their deck to see her getting to her knees. 

"Oh my god, is the pasta salad okay?" I nervously laughed realizing that might've come off rude considering I have never me her a day in my life. Luckily she laughed too. 

  I helped her up and introduced myself, "Hey I'm Belle" as I helped her up and she replied telling me her name was Grace, she looked very similar to me. Brown eyes, brown hair, plus she was very stunning. 

   I had stayed sitting on her porch for what must've been a while, Rose came out of our camper calling my named and I waved signalling for her to come over. She gave me a rather confused look when she saw me sitting on some random porch with some random stranger, but she skipped over anyways. 

   We all talked and talked for longer than any one of us would have expected, and just to keep this long story short we hung out with Grace, conveniently our other next door neighbor, basically twenty four seven. 

   As we were finishing our conversation we heard a golf cart in the distance making its way up the trail. We saw Jayson and the kid driving pull in front of their camper. When they got out and started to walk towards their door, they stopped at stared at us still sitting on Grace's porch. They flashed us a smile and we all, to my knowledge, smiled back. However, when I dropped my phone and went to go pick it up, their eyes stayed in the same place. They had been staring at Grace the whole time. I sat back up slowly in my chair in disappointment. This will surely be like the recent years of my life. I never get what I want, ever. Even though their eyes followed Grace with intriguement, I knew in my heart it would turn into more eventually, for me it always had and it always would be that way.