L.L.L.

Imagine how it's like to be taught how to lie; for your life depends on it. Not just something you eventually pick up after several years of living and you're under pressure. It's a burden because in this case, if you mess up once, even on practice, you might as well slit off your tongue and learn how to communicate with head nodding and head bobbing. One thing we all know is that...

The Badalamenti's are the masters of this class. Being Italian is one thing. But being a Italian Badalamenti is another. They're taught how to lie even before they learn how to walk. Even then, they learn how to run and lie. Lying isn't for some petty fun, or getting out of trouble. It's for protection. Protection from all the unwanted people. From harm. From death.

You lie because you love. You love something so much you would deceive yourself just to protect it. Keep it under your grip so that no one will know where it is, or how it operates. But it isn't an easy task. As I specified before, to be a master... You have to practice. You have to practice perfecting a lie, believing your lie, and living in the darkness of your lie just like normal people live in their own truth.

You have to own it. You have to plan everything you say and you can't be carefree. Even when you get caught in a lie, you have to overpower that anxiety of guilt trying to escape to the surface. You drown it.

Its a gamble. Life as a Badalamenti is a roulette of lies.

The three L's,

Lie. Love. Live.