☾how this will work

For each genre, a minimum 15 entries and a maximum of 30 entries will be accepted. This is to ensure there is a good amount of competition.

There will be 4 rounds in total, albeit 3 officially.

NEWLY ADDED FEATURE: 0. Screening

Did your logline hits all the major points (who, what, how)?

Does your book cover attractive?

Does your title sound inviting, somewhat?

Does your blurb tell the readers what set you apart?

Would a real reader want to read your book?

And no, before you worry, Eva the notorious host will not do the screening. Promised.

1. Longlist

Judges of each genre will read the first chapter of their assigned books and give scores based on a rubric (see chapter titled "judging criteria")

A based-line score (average score of all books) will be established. Books that are below the based-line will be eliminated.

Usually, it's 30% of the original number.

2. Shortlist

Again, judges will read their assigned books (second and third chapter) and give scores.

A based-line score (average score of all books) will be established. Books that are below the based-line will be eliminated.

Usually, it's 30% of the original number.

3. Finalist

Again, judges will read their assigned books (fourth and fifth chapter) and give scores.

Top 3 scorers will be crowned. In case there is a tie, judges will have to provide their preference rank.

BONUS AWARDS

Honourable Mentions

These books, although didn't make it to the final rounds, are recognized for their plot, writing styles, characters. They only short on luck, this time around.

Readers' Vote

Readers love your work, and they don't hesitate to make that clear. (Read the Voting Rules and FAQ for more information regarding the selection and the regulation)