☾FAQ

1. Who can participate in this award?

Anyone can! The Hidden Gems Awards are open to anyone wanting to get their story out there.

2. Does my book have to have a certain number of reads to be eligible?

Nope! Your book can have 100 reads or 1K reads - you can still enter it in this award!

3. Can I enter the same book I entered last year if it didn't win any awards?

Yes, you are allowed to do so! If your book has won either last year or the year before that, however, you can not enter your winning book again. But you are free to enter your other books.

4. Does my story have to be completed?

No, it does not have to be completed although it is more preferrable. That being said, you can enter an ongoing book.

5. I'll update my book soon so I'll have 4 chapters published before the deadline. Can I enter my book in the awards if this is the case?

You must ask this account first for confirmation. Usually, we'll accept and make a note on your entry. If you don't send in a request for confirmation, your entry will not be accept.

6. Does my book have to have a certain number of chapters?

Yes, it does. Your story must have a minimum of five chapters. This does not include author's notes. Prologues and epilogues do count.

7. What if my book is a short story or poetry?

Then your book is exempt from this rule above.

8. I am already following 1K people and can not follow any more people. What do I do?

If this is the case, then you only need to add the book to your library. We do not check to see if you actually follow us since the host is strongly against the ridiculous permanent-follow-for-qualification rule. Following us is beneficial for you, but it is optional.

9. What if my chapter(s) is divided into two parts? Would the judge read the first part only or would the judge read both parts?

The judge would read both parts and rank the mark based on the chapter as a whole, seeing that the Rule says the judge would read A CHAPTER, not a part.

10. What are the exact timelines of the result release?

Answer can be found on this profile bio's. Please check there as the host would most likely often update the timeline there instead of here.

Longlist will be out between Mar. 16 - Apr. 13. Shortlist will be out between Apr. 20 - May 18. Finalists announced latest by June 15.

Emergency Extend is to June 22.

11. Where can I get the Judge's Reviews and my score?

You can PM this account (HiddenGemsAwards) or PM the host's profile at (EPrescott).

12. I want to help out with the profile and the judging, but I've school and other responsibilities!

No problem. We appreciate that your goodwill, nonetheless. You can help the profile out by recommending further initiatives we can take to help you and the author community, or just simply drops by and say Hello. 

13. I don't want to compete in your Awards, but how can I get featured in your Reading Lists?

As the Curated Program has been shut down, you can accomplish these things: a) Get somebody to recommend you to the host, b) Be the host's favourite (either write an amazing book that would impress Eva or interact with Eva so that she would notice you), c) Have a completed story.

14. What's RO/CL, NF/GF and all of those bunch you throw at me?

They're acronyms refering to genres. I don't usually use them, but sometimes I reply amass and like to type quickly.

RO/CL stands for Romance/Chicklit. NF/GF stands for Non-Fiction/General Fiction. 

FF = Fanfiction.

FA/PA = Fantasy/Paranormal. 

HO = Horror. 

TF/NA/YA = Teen Fiction/Newadult/Young Adult.

MY/TH = Mystery/Thriller. 

SS = Short Story. PO = Poetry. 

AC/AD = Action/Adventure. 

HF = Historical Fiction. 

HU = Humour. 

SF = Sci-fi

15. How do you select the books to include for Readers' Vote?

A weird algorithm that might or might not be mathematically correct.

First, I take all the books that entered Round 2.

Second, I copy the number of reads each book have. Then I take the number of followers each author have. 

Once I got those two numbers, I use the proportionality test, by taking the number of reads divide by the number of followers, then divide the result by the number of followers times 100 for the number that I believe representing the probability a reader would commit to the book and follow the author to keep up with the update.

Once I got through the procedure, I take those with the top 7 with the highest probability and pitch them against one another.

MORE QUESTIONS? ASK HERE!