𝙎 𝙀 𝙑 𝙀 𝙉

Chapter 7
The next day was normal. Peter was at school, I talked to Ned, obsessing over art like usual. 3rd period was almost over and lunch was next. Yes, finally food. I had just run 2 miles in 19 minutes and I only had a bagel for breakfast. Like I'm surprised I haven't died already. I love food but then again suck at feeding myself, what can I say, I'm lazy. Gym finally ended and I got changed back into my ripped jeans and over sized sweater. When I got to lunch Michelle and Ned were there waiting for Peter. I was starting to eat when I notice Michelle give Peter the finger.
"What was that for?" I suddenly ask confused.
" Oh, the finger thing?" She says calmly.
" Yeah"
" Oh, that's like me and Peter's greeting" She says laughing.
" What?"
" You know how friends have like handshakes?"
" Yeah"
" That's our's. Don't take it, it's special"
" Wasn't planning on it"
I looked over at Peter who's eyes were wide and face was going  slightly red. He sat down and just starred at me.
" Hi" I say waving a hand in front of his face.
" Oh u-u-uhh Hi, sorry"
" Your fine" I say smiling. He was so cute sometimes.
" Hey does anyone know how to solve this math problem, it was the only one I couldn't figure out?" Michelle asks out of the blue. I go over to sit next to her and examine the question.
" It's a trick question, the answer is zero"
" Ohhh, that makes more sense. Thanks"
" Anytime"
After that I ate my lunch in silence, hearing Peter and Ned whispering about something. I sometimes heard a team or she could replace Liz. I didn't know know what this was but they would constantly point their head's towards me and I didn't know if this was a bad or good thing.
" What team are you guys talking about?" I ask, just to try and get some sort of answer.
" Oh, uh-ummm. Th-the-" Peter gets caught off by Michelle.
" The Academic Decathlon Team" She says. 
Peter and Ned look up confused, as she just slouches back down in her chair, going back to reading her book.
" Really, you guys have a team?" I say excitedly. I was on the team last year with all of my closets friends. We were in the semi-finals but lost. We lost to a trick question which sucked, but we were very close. I miss them so much. I remember them and felt my mood drop a little.
" Yeah, why. You were happy and then got sad" Ned says.
" Oh. I was on my schools team last year and we won. I was on it with all of my closets friends. I just miss them, that's all"
" That's great!! We are all on the team last year. Liz had to leave because she moved, and there is one spot open. Will you try out?" Ned asked.
" Are you crazy! Of course I'll try out. I love doing Decathlons!"
I saw Peter look up a little in shock but looking happy.
" Would that be ok with all of you?" I ask looking at Peter. Ned saw where I was going and nudged Peter a little .
" Y-yeah, why wouldn't be?" He said.
" You just looked shocked when I said I loved doing Decathlons"
" Oh, you just- I mean, I didn't think you'd like something like that. I thought you might do something with drawing or I don't know" He stuttered
" Oh well I do sometimes have art entry competitions but I like doing things like the Decathlon. "
" Ok, wwwa-well I hope you make it on the team" He said putting a small smile on his face.
" Thanks for telling me about it. I'm gonna go see if I can go find the teacher or something" I began to stand up, gathering all of my things getting ready to try and find where this teacher is.
" D-do you want me to walk you?" Peter stuttered looking down and then back up to me.
" Yeah, sure" I say starting to walk. Peter got out of his seat and ran to catch up with me. As we were walking I was listening to him tell me about the team and who the teacher was. He went over stuff they do and how they practice, when and where. The basic stuff. I nodded my head along but I was really focused on how he was walking. He had a slight, not very noticeable limp on his right side. He actually tripped over his foot a little and lost his balance. He let out a hiss at the pain, but got right back up like nothing happened.
" Are you ok?" I asked placing a hand on his shoulder. I felt him tense up a bit but hen relax.
" Yeah, just a little scratch right there" He said. He was lying. I could tell by the way he put his hands together, fiddling with his thumbs and looking down.
" Peter are you sure, it looked like it really hurt when you tripped" I said.
" No, nah, it's fine. Don't worry about it" He said shaking it off.
" Ok" I said.
We kept walking and finally came to a classroom which I assumed was the teams coach/teacher.
" Hey, Mr. Harrington. Can  I ask you something?" Peter asked. I stayed at the door watching Peter talk to Mr. Harrington.
" Yes, go ahead"
" Are we allowed to have someone new join the team?"
" Well yes, but that depends on who it is. Why does someone want to try out?" Mr. Harrington said.
" Y-yes. My friend Amelia was on her old school's team last year and they made it to the semi finals" Peter motioned to me and I waved me hand. Mr. Harrington waved me over, signaling to come to stand next to Peter.
" Hi, I'm Amelia Lancaster" I say shaking his hand.
" It's a pleasure to meet you Amelia, I hear you want to join the team from what Peter has told me"
" Yes, would that be ok?"
" Of course but you will have to take a test and pass, if you do not pass then sadly you cannot be apart of the team"
" Alright, when can I take it?"
" Are you free this afternoon?"
" Yes, would you like me to meet you here?"
" Yes, we will be having practice so we will give your own room to take the test!"
" Ok, sounds good Mr. Harrington. It was nice meeting you"
" You too, goodbye"
" Bye"
As I began to walk out, following behind Peter I was very excited just thinking about being able to have a chance on the team.
" So that went well I guess?"
" Yeah, he seems to like you. It would be great if you replaced Liz-" He stopped. peter immediately looked a little bit more sad at just the thought of what he just said.
" Are you ok?" I asked trying to face him from the side.
" Y-yeah. I was just really good friends with her?"
" Oh. Well I'm sorry she moved away, it stinks losing friends. Believe me, I know what you are feeling?"
" What do you mean?"
" Well, I had no choice in leaving all of my childhood best friends in Chicago, and you, Ned and sort of Michelle are the only people I enter act with on a day to day basis. I just miss them all a lot, but you guys are still great, I just ya know miss them, sorry I'm rambling" I say while rubbing my face with my hands.
" Oh, I never thought of your situation. That sucks, sorry about that"
" Thanks I guess. I mean you've been really nice to me this first week of school so I appreciate that"
" No problem" He says rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.
The bell rang, sending us off to our next class. Art was still usual. Doing the basics. I continued to help Peter sometimes, and we would have some funny conversations. He was actually really funny. Like once you start becoming really good friends with him, you see the relaxed fun person Peter is. I could tell if me and Peter got even closer we would become very good friends, and I wouldn't mind that. I love the thought of having someone like Peter Parker in my life.

Art flew by like usual leaving me to 6th period. I was in the middle of science ready to get to social study's, but also trying my hardest not to burst out laughing because of Peter. He was sitting next to me in class, starring at the teacher like usual but had this really strange but hysterical look on his face. I let out a couple giggles and went back to reading my notes. I didn't want to be creepy.
" What's so funny?" He whispered.
" You had this really funny look on your face"
" Oh did I. Wha-w-wha did it look like?" he said kind of concerned.
" You looked really concentrated with your eyebrows furrowed together and your tong in between your lips" I said letting out another laugh. He laughed a little with me and then went back to his science world.

Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know I suck at uploading and I'm really sorry! I will be on a small break for like 1 week because I have summer plans. Plus I have been getting ideas for other chapters and had to wright them down as well. Anyway I will be back soon. Pls vote and comment!!

Xo,
Ava