The Nest

Once the sun began to set, the gang along with their dragons assumed their hiding spots outside of Hiccups hut. Unfortunately, as the night stretched on with no movement anywhere in sight, except for a couple of curious Night Terrors every now-and-then, the Dragon riders began to question the likelihood of success tonight.

"Face it," Snotlout stated with annoyance clear in his voice "You're plan was stupid, the Twins scared it off last night. It's not. Coming. Back."

"We don't know that for sure." Hiccup tried to reason.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but I think Snotlouts right" Astrid cut in "We've been here for hours and nothing's happened. Also the twins are asleep" she finishes nodding her head towards the two. 

Hiccup looked back at where the twins were. Ruffnut and Tuffnut were both passed out cuddling up to Barf and Belch, all four of them with there heads tilted back and mouths wide open. 

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Hiccup agrees. "Well, looks like we'll have to find this Dragon the hard way. Come on bud, let's head inside and get some sleep" turning towards Toothless, Hiccup notices his dragons current stance: ears back, body close to the ground and eyes straight forward and slitted. Looking in the same direction as Toothless, Hiccup manages to catch sight of a long snake like figure slipping into his window - the tail.

"Get down!" Hiccup whisper-shouted to the group whilst crouching down close beside Toothless "It's here. Fishlegs did you get a good look at it?....Fishlegs?" Hiccup turned to Fishlegs only to be met with yet another sleeping rider and their dragon. "Oh for Thor's sake"

"Hiccup!" whispered Astrid " Its leaving"

Hiccup looked back towards his hut watching as the dragon, who's mouth was now filled with what looked like literally all the furs from his bed, began to crawl towards the roof of his hut.

crack!

All attention snapped towards Snotlout.

"Whoops" he whispered as he slowly lifted his foot off the now broken stick.

Within a flash, the dragon perched on Hiccup's roof shot off in to the sky. Practically leaping onto Toothless' back, Hiccup was shooting after the new dragon. Noticing movement behind him, the dragon craned its neck sideways in order to catch a glimpse of what it was which was following him. Seeing the dragon and it's rider in hot pursuit, he sped up heading back to the mountain as fast as it could. 

Hiccup had never seen anything like it before, for a dragon with no evident pupils it clearly had no trouble seeing them even despite the lack of light due to tonight's thick cloud covering. 

Suddenly, the dragon seemed to fall from the sky as it plummeted to the base of the mountain. Once reaching the mountain, Hiccup and Toothless shot downwards and landed were they assumed the dragon did too only to find themselves alone.

"That's strange" Hiccup climbed off Toothless' back "Can you find them bud?" 

Toothless began sniffing the ground attempting to catch the scent of either the new dragon or Hiccups stolen furs. Toothless eventually stopped at a hole in the mountain  about the size of his head and a couple feet of the ground. 

"You sure it's in there?" Hiccup asked while suddenly at Toothless' side. Toothless huffed at Hiccup and attempted to crawl in but only got in as far as his shoulders before getting stuck and having to pull its head back out. Grabbing Inferno out of the satchel on Toothless' side, Hiccup crawled up and into the hole. 

"It's okay bud, I'll be fine, I won't be long I promise" reasured Hiccup as he heard Toothless whining. Turning back around, Hiccup began crawling through the small tunnel. It was a couple of minutes before the tunnel began to grow larger until opening up into a big cave like area. Lighting Inferno in order to see clearer, Hiccup realised exactly what kind of cave it was; A cave full of their stolen stuff. 

Their food was dumped near the far wall looking almost untouched with a mass of clothing and furs opposite to it with Hiccups recently stolen furs on top. Taking a step towards the furs, Hiccup quickly halted when he heard a deep growl to his left. Slowly turning towards the source of the sound he saw the dragon he'd been chasing only now it being far too close for his comfort. 

He could feel the warm breaths from the dragon brushing over his face as its glowing yellow eyes seemed to pierce right through him. Moving as slow as possible as to not provoke the Dragon further, Hiccup slowly sat, or rather fell, to the ground. What was he thinking? He intruded on a dragons nest with absolutely no backup. No Toothless, no nothing. Completely by himself. 

A small rustling was heard behind him coming from the furs which, thankfully, grabbed the dragons attention completely as it immediately sped towards it. Taking deep breaths, Hiccup stood up once again, albeit on shaking legs this time, and slowly edged towards the dragon, Inferno abandoned where he was sitting mere seconds ago, it's light still illuminating the cave allowing Hiccup to fully see where he was going.  As Hiccup moved closer to the fur pile, he began to notice a certain scent. Blood.

Once he was just a few feet away, the dragons attention switched back to him with a growl as it took a threatening step towards him. Quickly outstretching his arm, hand flat and facing the dragon with his eyes clenched closed, Hiccup waited. The dragon became silent and the only thing hiccup could hear now was the sound of his own heart as it hammered against his chest. The next thing he knew, Hiccup was dangling in the air with the dragons beak lifting him by the back of his shirt. The dragon began walking back towards the hole with Hiccup before placing him down in front of it. The dragon then turned back towards the furs before settling down beside it. 

No longer feeling threatened by the new dragon, Hiccup began to cautiously walk back towards the pile. The dragon rose its head as he travelled closer.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay" said Hiccup raising his hands again "I just want to help". The dragon seemingly disintrested, set its head back down on its front legs while lifting its tail and carefully placing it on top of the pile. Edging closer and closer, Hiccup finally was able to see just what was in the 'nest', and to his surprise, it wasn't eggs or baby dragons as he first expected, it was a girl, it was you.