Get A Last Name

Connor sped through the field, his head rushing with possibilities. Second day on the job and he already had to chase people down.
This one was a twenty-Seven year old man who had recently murdered a person and had been in hiding for a week.
Connor leaped over a ledge, watching as the human male stumbled but quickly regained his balance.
The man picked up something of the ground and threw it at Connor. It was a rock. It hit Connor hard. He lost his balance and fell to the ground in a heap. He failed the mission.
He watched hopelessly as the criminal ran out of sight.

Connor sat at his desk again. Hank sat across from him. Hank had heard about what happened with Connor, and knew how hard he was taking it. So he decided to distract him.
"You know your name tag seems off. Connor just doesn't sound professional. You should get yourself a last name.
Conner's reaction was instant. He looked up at Hank and smiled. Then with ease he threw his name tag into the trash and left the room to get new one. Hank smiled.

Conner rushed through the halls with his new name tag, which proudly read Anderson. He didn't know what to choose, so he chose Hank's. He was sure he wouldn't mind.
A woman pushed past him mumbling something about androids under her breath. Connor pretended not to hear.
He arrived back at his desk and proudly put his name tag on his desk. Hank wasn't there yet, but Connor was sure hr would see it.
Someone walked past him before stopping at his desk. Connor looked up to see Gavin. He struggled to hold back a scowl.
"Hello." Connor said holding out a hand. Gavin looked down at it confused. Then he smirked and shook his hand. Conner smiled happy that Gavin was accepting his kindness.
"I'm surprised they let you back in." He snarled, his grip on Connor's hand becoming tighter. "I thought it was obvious that you're nothing more than a plastic prick." Gavin let go of Connor's hand. His eyes fell on Connor's new name tag. "Great, now Hank's treating you like his son. Old mans losing his mind. See you around." He left, leaving Connor sitting there, confused.
He looked back at his new name. Connor Anderson. Gavin was right, it was too weird.
Hank walked up to his desk, his eyes immediately falling on Connor's name tag. "Good choice Connor, being an Anderson is an amzing thing." Connor smiled. Hank continued to speak. "Not to mention that I can prolerly scold you for putting blood in your mouth."   Hank and Connor laughed.