Chapter 12 -"almost exposed"

PAST

Chilling during lunch time, having my boyfriend beside me and my best friends across the table gossiping as we ate our lunch that consisted of a sandwich with salad and fries. The entire cafeteria was more silent now, eyes inquisitively on the new students who joined today.

With deliberation, I replaced the glass of soda on the table contemplating every detail of the new students like everyone else in the room. Some contemplated them with scrutiny and others with admiration towards the two girls and three guys. The two girls, definitely scream troublesome and radiated negative energy same with the guys.

"They look odd ." Vincent blurted, agreeing with him. I bet most people can't disagree with that statement, it's either they were odd because they weren't from Jersey or just have a new style that people were unaccustomed to.

They walked towards an empty table and sat on it still the place filled with silence. The brunette one got up and he looked annoyed "What, is something wrong? We are not a fucking show." He shouted making everyone go back to eating and talking.

I walked to my locker, grabbing my books for my next class that Elijah and I didn't share. Standing alone in the hallway, shutting my locker almost gasping, startled when my eyes met the brunette guy from the new group leaning beside me.

"Is something wrong weirdo?" I asked with attitude hoping it would cover up for my slight intimidation. "No need for the attitude love, maybe show me more of it later." his murky confidence shown when he spoke to me, a total stranger.

"I think you should leave her the fuck alone." Vincent came through, saving me from the brunette's stare that revolted me. Making it clear, Vincent got in the way between us when the stranger tried took some steps closer to me.

"Damn man I don't want trouble especially you don't want that with me." Knowing exactly what he was doing, the stranger did successfully reach his goal by saying that to Vincent.

"Just accept the rejection man, it's kind of embarrassing how you want a fight on your first day to impress but trust you won't be getting it from me." Blowing new boy's ego bubble, striking a big nerve of his feeling defeated by Vincent's words.

"Well surely the days are going to show you how impressive I can be with my actions, they are quite amusing." The stranger almost turned his back to walk away but half through doing so, he wanted to add more to his witty remark. "By the way, I am Caleb." Introduced himself then finally leaving.

"Thanks V." Thanking Vincent who still had an outraged look eyeing Caleb until he was completely out of his vision.

"Hey, everything is fine now." Assuring him placing a hand on his shoulder to make him face me.

"Are you going to tell Elijah?" After asking about how I was doing, Vincent asked. I don't want to cause any drama, Caleb probably just said that to annoy us to fight or try to shoot his shot which was a complete failure. I don't think he will try anything after this.

"No, don't think it's necessary." Vincent nodded respecting my response and soon we both said goodbyes heading to our classes.

And that was the biggest mistake, not telling Elijah.

________________

That day has been the only thing on my mind for the past week, regret and blame. Regretting that i didn't tell Elijah about that conversation that could have saved us both from so much damage. Blaming myself for ruining our relationship with my own hands. It's like a puzzle that is trying to be solved but there are way too many missing pieces to it.